Ireland v Georgia Prediction & Betting Tips, 26th March 201924th March 2019 / lee
Ireland v Georgia Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 26th March 7.45pm
Ireland snapped themselves out of a funk to produce three points away at Gibraltar on the weekend to start their Euro 2020 qualification campaign. It was only a narrow 1-0 victory though. They will be looking for more on home soil as they host Georgia, who lost at Switzerland on Saturday. Read our Ireland v Georgia betting tips for more.
Ireland v Georgia Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 24th, 2019 at 3:44 p.m.)
Ireland News and Form
A goal from Jeff Hendrick after the halftime break gave Ireland a win over Gibraltar on Saturday. The Irish made really hard work though of what should have been an easy game for them. That snapped a six-match winless streak of form that they were on since the start of the Nations League. The Irish only took two points from their Nations League campaign, from two 0-0 draws against Denmark.
Ireland didn’t score a single goal in the 2018 Nations League. So that is just the one goal in their last five games now. In that five-game streak, Ireland’s games have produced just two goals in total. That is because Ireland have taken three clean sheets in their last five. So they aren’t conceding much but aren’t producing in front of goal. Ireland are currently winless and scoreless in three at home.
Ireland v Georgia Head to Head
Georgia and Ireland drew 1-1 in their last meeting
Ireland have won all five previous home games against Georgia
Ireland are W8 D1 L0 in their overall head to head with Georgia
Each of the last three meetings have gone under 2.5 goals
Georgia News and Form
Georgia had an early setback in their qualification campaign as they suffered a 2-0 home loss against Switzerland on Saturday. That actually snapped some good form that they had been on. Georgia had a really good Nations League campaign, winning five of their six games (D1). They picked up a win in all three home games against Latvia, Andorra and Kazakhstan.
So while it wasn’t the toughest of opposition faced, it saw them in a good, confident mood. They didn’t quite deliver on the weekend though. Georgia have failed to score in their last three visits to Ireland but after seeing the Irish struggle so badly against Gibraltar, Georgia have to have hope of getting out of this trip without defeat. Looking back at their 2018 World Cup qualification campaign, Georgia failed to win a game, taking a D5 L5 record in a group which contained Ireland and Wales.
Ireland v Georgia Tips & Odds
Who will win – Ireland v Georgia Predictions
There’s no value on Ireland at odds-on whatsoever, not after how they played in Gibraltar. Of the two teams, it is clearly Georgia who are in the better of the form. They may be able to come up with at least a stubborn draw in Dublin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Georgia, Georgia Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Ireland, Ireland Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Ireland v Georgia