Ireland v Denmark Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th October 201810th October 2018 / lee
Ireland v Denmark UEFA Nations League Preview, 13th October 7.45pm
Ireland need a win in this one or they will be facing a massive uphill battle to avoid relegation from their Nations League group. They were hammered by Wales in their opener and now face up Denmark, who in turn beat the Welsh convincingly. The Irish are going to need to dig deep in this one. Read our Ireland v Denmark betting tips for more.
Ireland v Denmark Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 8th, 2018 at 5:08 p.m.)
Ireland News and Form
What do the Irish have in them? They were embarrassed down in Cardiff, suffering a 4-1 loss against Wales in their Nations League opener. They did respond with a 1-1 draw out in Poland in a friendly following that. They will have a rematch against the Welsh on Tuesday, October 16th and need to get some momentum going by winning this one.
But it is going to be hard for punters to trust them, even on home soil as they have no form going for them at the moment. Ireland are just W1 D2 L4 in their last seven games home and away.
They will probably still be having nightmares about the last time Denmark visited the Aviva. That was in the 2018 World Cup qualification play offs when the Danes destroyed them 5-1 to progress through to the World Cup at the expense of the Irish.
The defence of Ireland is a big concern as they have shipped 14 goals in their last six games now. With three defeats in their last five games, they are up against it at the moment. We are looking under 2.5 goals at 8/11 odds* (betting odds taken on October 9th, 2018 at 3:39 pm).
Denmark News and Form
The Danes took a comfortable 2-0 home win over Wales in their opening Nations League match. So that sets them up very well and a win here would really push them towards the group win. The Danes have some very strong form going including a good showing that they put in at the World Cup.
Since the start of September 2017, they have lost just the two games. One was a friendly against Jordan back in January this year and the other was a friendly again Slovakia in the last international break.
The Danes are W4 D5 L1 in their last ten games so they don’t look like getting beaten. They also have a clean sheet in seven of their last ten games too. Denmark to win to nil is at 11/4 odds* (betting odds taken on October 9th, 2018 at 3:39 pm).
They were so good on their last visit to Ireland which was after a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their playoff on home soil against the Irish. Most thought that the Irish would have the upper hand back on home soil. Denmark are W2 D1 L2 in their last five away games, not counting their World Cup 2018 matches.
Who will win – Ireland v Denmark Predictions
Denmark have those touches of class and that showed against Wales. The Irish are struggling for form at the moment and there’s no reason why Age Hareide men can’t go and collect three points at the Aviva. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Denmark, Denmark UEFA Nations League, Ireland, Ireland UEFA Nations League, Ireland v Denmark, UEFA Nations League, UEFA Nations League odds