Inter v Empoli Prediction & Betting Tips, 26th May 201923rd May 2019 / lee
Inter v Empoli Serie A Preview, 26th May 3.00pm
Inter will be trying to land on to a top-four place after losing last weekend in a heavy reverse against Napoli. A win will guarantee them a Champions League place next season. But there is no margin for errors here as they could still be pushed out of the top four, most likely by their bitter rivals AC Milan. They will face an Empoli side desperate for a win to ensure they avoid relegation. Read our Inter v Empoli betting tips for more.
Inter v Empoli Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on May 20th, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.)
Inter News and Form
Inter suffered a 4-1 loss at Napoli last weekend which means that they have work to do on the final weekend to secure a Champions League place. The heavy defeat at Napoli saw Inter’s seven-match undefeated streak in the top flight snapped. It also leaves them with just the two wins in their last seven games (D4 L1). Their overall home form this season is W10 D5 L3 but they have only picked up the one win in their last five at the San Siro (D3 L1). Granted each of the three draws in that sequence were in tougher games against Atalanta, Roma and Juventus.
Inter have taken a clean sheet in over half of their home games this season. Going forward they have averaged 1.4 goals per home game. Each of their last six league games at the San Siro have ended under 2.5 goals. Inter have produced 64% of their home goals in the second period of fixtures this season while they have opened the scoring in 12 of 18. A victory will guarantee that they finish in the top four. A draw and that could let AC Milan move above them.
Inter v Empoli Head to Head
Inter earned a 1-0 away win at Empoli in December
Inter are on a six-match winning streak against Empoli
Both teams have scored in just two of the last nine meetings
Empoli have scored one goal only in the last five against Inter Milan
Empoli News and Form
Empoli still have a fight for survival on their hands on the final weekend of league action. They are one point above the drop zone, but they have some great form behind them. They are now on a three-match winning streak which has been a huge upturn in form for them at the right time. Two of those winners were against teams currently in the top half of the table as well, namely Fiorentina and Sampdoria. So they have kicked into survival mode. A win guarantees that they stay safe and anything less means that he will be sweating on Genoa’s result.
Empoli though have only taken one away win this season in Serie A (D5 L12). That was their recent success at Sampdoria. So it doesn’t look too likely to that they are going to break out a win at the San Siro. Empoli have averaged under a goal per game away from home this season, but they have conceded at an average of over two goals per game. 72% of Empoli’s away games have made it over 2.5 goals. Empoli have taken a clean sheet in just 11% of their road fixtures. They have the worst away record in this season’s Serie A.
Inter v Empoli Tips & Odds
Who will win – Inter v Empoli Predictions
Inter surely have to be able to handle themselves on home soil in this one. This is tricky because of Empoli’s situation, but still, Inter to win to nil at the San Siro looks a pretty decent option. Empoli’s away form has overall, been very poor.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayer Leverkusen v Lokomotiv Moscow Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Club Brugge v Galatasaray Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Sunderland v Rotherham Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th September 2019
- Shakhtar Donetsk v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: Empoli, Empoli Serie A, Inter, Inter Serie A, Inter v Empoli, Serie A, Serie A odds