Iceland v Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 11th September 201810th September 2018 / lee
Iceland v Belgium Nations League Preview, 11th September 7.45pm
Belgium, who are one of the front-runners to win the Nations League, kick off their group stage campaign with a road to trip to Iceland. The Red Devils had a great warm up in hammering Scotland in a friendly. As for Iceland, they suffered a massive defeat against Switzerland on the weekend in their opening Nations League match. Read our Iceland v Belgium betting tips for more.
Iceland v Belgium Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from Paddy Power on September 7th, 2018 at 5:39 p.m.)
Iceland News and Form
Iceland suffered an absolute hammering at the hands of Switzerland over the weekend, going down 6-0. That was a brutal result, but they have a new head coach in place and were missing some key first-team players for the match. There’s no reason to expect them to be much stronger for this one and both teams not to score is at 4/6 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 7th, 2018 at 5:39 p.m.) and a reasonable option given what we saw from them on the weekend.
Iceland are well out of form at the moment and have gone D2 L6 in their last eight games. So maybe all of the shine has gone off having raised their standards so much over the last couple of years. Their defence seems to be really creaking now and they have shipped at least two goals in seven of their last nine games. It may be worth looking over 2.5 goals at Paddy Power for 5/6 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 7th, 2018 at 5:39 p.m.).
Belgium News and Form
Belgium were rampant against Scotland in producing a 4-0 success over the Scots at Hampden Park. Belgium are in fine form at the moment after their great run at the 2018 World Cup and they have lost just the one game since early September 2016, which was their World Cup semi-final tussle with France. So it is pretty unlikely that they are going to suffer a shock out on the road in this competitive Nations League fixture. Romelu Lukaku is the 3/1 first goalscorer favourite for the game* (Betting Odds were taken from September 7th, 2018 at 5:39 p.m.).
Belgium have plenty of scoring power in them and they have scored at least two goals in nine of their last twelve games. As we are not expecting much of a threat coming from Iceland in his game then that leads us to a reasonable correct score option of Belgium 3-0 for 8/1 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from September 7th, 2018 at 5:39 p.m.). The Belgians did put three goals past Iceland in their only previous meeting and they will be relishing this game after seeing what Switzerland did to Iceland over the weekend.
Iceland v Belgium Head to Head
The only previous meeting between Iceland and Belgium was an international friendly back in 2014. Belgium were comprehensive winners there, banking a 3-1 win with Romelu Lukaku getting on the scoresheet.
Who will win – Iceland v Belgium Predictions
This should be an easy win for Belgium. They looked really good at the moment and Iceland, who are in a bit of a transition and not at full strength are likely to suffer again. Belgium to win to nil leads our Iceland v Belgium predictions.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Brighton v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
- Aston Villa v West Brom Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Belgium, Belgium Nations League, Iceland, Iceland Nations League, Iceland v Belgium, Nations League, Nations League odds