Huddersfield v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th August 201923rd August 2019 / lee
Huddersfield v Reading Championship Preview, 24th August 3.00pm
As if relegation from the Premier League was not bad enough, Huddersfield are having a nightmare down in the Championship with one point from four games. Reading got themselves off to a slow start, but have bagged four points from their last two played. Read our Huddersfield v Reading betting tips for more.
Huddersfield v Reading Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 23rd, 2019 at 12:23 p.m.)
Huddersfield News and Form
Huddersfield are starting the weekend second from bottom in the Championship. Their only point of the campaign so far came in a 1-1 draw at QPR in their second fixture. The three defeats which they have picked up have been by a 2-1 scoreline. Their two defeats on home soil have been against Derby and Fulham.
So the positive from that, of course, is that they have been scoring goals, having netted in each fixture. Two of the four goals which they have netted this season have been penalties from Karlan Ahearne-Grant. Those are actually their only two goals on home soil. The Terriers have conceded the opening goal in three of their four games played this season.
Huddersfield v Reading Head to Head
The two traded 1-0 home wins in the 2016/17 Championship
Huddersfield then beat Reading in the Play-Off Final on penalties
None of the last five Championship meetings have produced an away win
Both teams have scored in two of the last five league meetings
Reading News and Form
The Royals had a bad start to the season losing against Sheffield Wednesday and then Hull. But they stopped the rot with a good strong 3-0 home win over Cardiff last weekend. In midweek they picked up a very good point out at the Hawthorns against West Brom. That is three of their four games this season which have gone over 2.5 goals. Will they land their first away win of the campaign?
Reading have netted one goal exactly in their two away games so far. Their two away goals have been scored in the second half of matches. Their equaliser against West Brom in midweek came from the penalty spot two minutes from time. They have been ahead at the break in just one of their four games played this campaign.
Huddersfield v Reading Tips & Odds
Who will win – Huddersfield v Reading Predictions
We cannot look past the draw in the match outright here. While Huddersfield have had some tougher games, their confidence has to have been rocked. Reading just about survived at the Hawthorns in midweek and can probably do the same here. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Huddersfield, Huddersfield Championship, Huddersfield v Reading, Reading, Reading championship