Huddersfield v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 201913th August 2019 / lee
Huddersfield v Fulham Championship Preview, 16th August 7.45pm
Just last season this was a Premier League fixture. But with relegation blighting both of them at the end of the campaign, this game kicks off the Championship action for the weekend. While Fulham managed to get their first win of the season last weekend, the Terriers are still looking for their first. Read our Huddersfield v Fulham betting tips for more.
Huddersfield v Fulham Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 13th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Huddersfield News and Form
The Terriers opened the new season with a 1-2 loss on home soil against Derby. Not the start that they would have wanted having dropped down a tier. But they rallied themselves to some extent to collect a 1-1 draw at QPR last weekend. So at least they are off the mark. Both of the league goals that the Terriers have scored this season have been converted penalty kicks by Karlan Ahearne-Grant.
Huddersfield finish bottom of the Premier League last season, winning just three fixtures the entire campaign. Two of those three were at home (W2 D3 L14). One of them was a 1-0 success over Fulham as well, so they can at least look to that for some confidence. If you take last season into consideration it is a twelve match sequence of league games for Huddersfield now without a win (D3 L9). There may be a tough road ahead for Jan Siewert’s men this season.
Huddersfield v Fulham Head to Head
The two traded 1-0 home wins last season
Fulham have won three of the last four against the Terriers
Huddersfield have won only one of the last 13 meetings
Fulham are W2 D1 from their three previous Championship visits to the John Smith’s Stadium
Fulham News and Form
The Cottagers did not come out of the gates this season in winning form as was expected. They slipped to a 1-0 away loss at Barnsley. But they got themselves up and running last weekend with a comfortable 2-0 home success over Blackburn. So Scott Parker’s men are on the way and will be looking for some returns from this. Fulham remain one of the promotion favourites in the second tier for this campaign.
It was Fulham’s defence which failed them so badly in the top flight last season. They conceded a total of 81 goals. On their travels they did win just the one game which was out at Bournemouth in their penultimate road fixture of the season. After their loss at Barnsley on the opening weekend of this new season, Fulham have lost 9 of their last 10 league away games. But they do have a pretty decent run of head to head form going against the Terriers.
Huddersfield v Fulham Tips & Odds
Who will win – Huddersfield v Fulham Predictions
Fulham do have a strong squad for this Championship campaign and they look the more likely of the two to pick up a win. With both teams scoring in Huddersfield’s two games this season, we are going to plump for over 2.5 goals and the away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Fulham v Millwall Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- QPR v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Leeds v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
- Legia Warsaw v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Fulham, Fulham Championship, Huddersfield, Huddersfield Championship, Huddersfield v Fulham