Hibernian v Aberdeen Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th May 201916th May 2019 / lee
Hibernian v Aberdeen Scottish Premiership Preview, 19th May 3.00pm
Aberdeen will look to better whatever it is that Kilmarnock manage against Rangers on the final day of the season to get themselves a third-place finish. That rewards with a place in the Europa League first qualifying round. If they finish fourth, they would need Celtic to win the FA Cup for that European place. Hibs will take a fifth-place finish regardless of the result here. Read our Hibernian v Aberdeen betting tips for more.
Hibernian v Aberdeen Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on May 15th, 2019 at 8:03 p.m.)
Hibernian News and Form
Hibs have lost their last two league outings by a 1-0 scoreline. Those reverses were against Rangers and Kilmarnock and it leaves them winless in four (D2 L2). Their only win in their last six league games was a 2-1 success at Hearts in early April. Their overall home form at Easter Road this season reads W6 D9 L3 and they are unbeaten in their last six there. The Hibees though have only drawn four of their last five there (W1).
So their winning touch has deserted them a bit. Five of their six home wins this season have been by a margin of at least two goals. They have averaged 1.5 goals per home game, while their defence has been great. Hibernian have conceded at an average of 0.8 goals per home game. Just 33% of their league games at Easter Road have made it over 2.5 goals. Both teams have scored in less than half of league games there this season.
Hibernian v Aberdeen Head to Head
Aberdeen are W2 D2 in four meetings with Hibs this season in league and cup
Just one of the last six meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Both teams have scored in only two of the last eight meetings
Hibs have lost two of their last three at home in the league against the Dons (W1)
Aberdeen News and Form
Aberdeen picked up a 2-1 win over Hearts last weekend to snap back to back defeats that they had suffered in the league. The overall away form of Aberdeen this season is W10 D3 L5. That is more wins than what they have managed at home this season in the Premiership. The Dons have taken just the two wins in their last five out on the road (D1 L2), the two wins in the sequence being clean sheet victories over Dundee and Kilmarnock.
Aberdeen have averaged just 1.2 goals per away game this season, which has been a bit of a disappointing output from them. They have conceded at an average of under a goal per away game this season, with only 44% of their road fixtures going over 2.5 goals. In total the Dons have taken a clean sheet in 39% of away games. Of their ten away wins this season, seven of them have been by a margin of just one goal. The Dons have scored 64% of their away goals in the second period of games.
Hibernian v Aberdeen Tips & Odds
Who will win – Hibernian v Aberdeen Predictions
This is likely going to be a tight game. Aberdeen have a lot more at stake in this one though to try and secure European action next season. They may be able to get over the goal line with a narrow win. Aberdeen to win by a one-goal margin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Aberdeen, Aberdeen Scottish Premiership, Hibernian, Hibernian Scottish Premiership, Hibernian v Aberdeen, scottish premiership, Scottish Premiership odds