Gibraltar v Switzerland Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th November 201916th November 2019 / lee
Gibraltar v Switzerland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 18th November 7.45 pm
Switzerland just have to close out the deal at home against Gibraltar to get themselves through to Euro 2020. There are other scenarios at play where they could miss out on qualification altogether. But because they should win this at a canter, it’s really not worth even looking at anything else than an away win. Read our Gibraltar v Switzerland betting tips for more.
Gibraltar v Switzerland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 15th, 2019 at 8:21 p.m.)
Gibraltar News and Form
Gibraltar never stood a chance of making it through this qualification group successfully. They have yet to earn a single point for their efforts in their seven games played. In that sequence of games, they have only scored twice as well. Those two goals both came in a home loss against Georgia. So that is just one qualifier in which they have scored.
On Friday they made the trip to Denmark and were convincingly beaten once again in a 6-0 reverse. Gibraltar have conceded 25 goals in their seven matches in the group. It is an eleven match losing streak that Gibraltar are currently one (competitive and friendly) and they have scored in just two of those games. They have lost all eight previous European Championship home qualifiers, conceiving at least three goals in but one of those fixtures.
Gibraltar v Switzerland Head to Head
The first meeting in the group was the first game between the two nations
Switzerland News and Form
Switzerland start this game in second place in the group, one point behind leaders Denmark and two points ahead of third-placed Ireland. So if they were to fail to win and the Irish beat Denmark, then Switzerland would miss out on a top-two finish. But that looks highly unlikely to happen. The Swiss banked a 4-0 home win over Gibraltar earlier in the campaign. It is an overall W4 D2 L1 record that they have produced in this campaign, the one reverse happening out at leaders Denmark.
In their other two road games, Switzerland drew in Ireland and no in Georgia. Denis Zakaria is the only Swiss player to have scored more than one goal in this qualifying campaign for Switzerland (2). Overall in competitive and friendly games, Switzerland have won only two of their last eight games played. In European Championship qualifiers away from home, they are W4 D1 L2 in their last eight, both defeats in that sequence happening on the road.
Gibraltar v Switzerland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Gibraltar v Switzerland Predictions
There is no reason why Switzerland cannot cruise to a victory in this one away from home. The resistance of Gibraltar is not likely to stand up to the quality of the visitors for too long. Switzerland should be able to cover a three-goal handicap.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Gibraltar, Gibraltar Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Gibraltar v Switzerland, Switzerland, Switzerland Euro 2020 Qualifiers