Gibraltar v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd March 201920th March 2019 / lee
Gibraltar v Ireland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 23rd March 5.00pm
Ireland need to get some momentum going after a disappointing Nations League campaign. They get an easy opener for their Euro 2020 qualification campaign as they pay a visit to Gibraltar. The Irish will be fully expected to come away with three points and a few goals. Read our Gibraltar v Ireland betting tips for more.
Gibraltar v Ireland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
Gibraltar v Ireland Preview
Little surprise really that Gibraltar are the minnows of Group D and are expected to collect the wooden spoon in Euro 2020 qualification. During the Nations League, they actually posted a W2 L4 record from their six games. The two wins during that Nations League campaign saw them beat Lichtenstein at home and take an away win in Armenia. Heading into this game against Ireland Gibraltar have lost their last two games though, shipping a total of 10 goals in the process. That was heavy defeats against Armenia and Macedonia in the Nations League. In their last seven games, Gibraltar have won three and lost four. Each of their last three games have all gone over the 2.5 goals line. This will be the third game against Ireland, as they were paired up in the Euro 2016 qualifiers. Gibraltar lost 4-0 at home against the Irish on that occasion, after a seven-nil drubbing in Dublin.
It was a poor return from Ireland in the Nations League as they only picked up two points from their four games played against Wales and Denmark. Ireland scored just one goal in those four games as well. They are well out of form at the moment and so this is an important game for them to try and get some momentum going in. Ireland have taken just one victory across their last 10 international fixtures, losing five of those.
Ireland are currently on a four-match streak without having scored a goal, but they have been defensively tight conceding just one goal themselves in the four games. This has to be a really big chance for them to get something going as an attacking force. Back in their World Cup 2018 qualification campaign Ireland did a fantastic job of picking up points on home soil which help them finished second behind Serbia. Away from home though they are winless in six, netting just one goal in that sequence of games.
Who will win – Gibraltar v Ireland Predictions
Ireland really should be picking up a comfortable three points in this fixture. Even though they haven’t been scoring very well they should be able to cut loose a bit in this one. Therefore a Ireland–3.25 Asian handicap is a 9/10 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Gibraltar, Gibraltar Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Gibraltar v Ireland, Ireland, Ireland Euro 2020 Qualifiers