Germany v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 9th October 20198th October 2019 / lee
Germany v Argentina International Friendly Preview, 9th October 7.45pm
This is the pick of the bunch when it comes to international friendly matches this week. Germany will be taking on Argentina in Dortmund and it is the hosts who are favourites. Neither squad is going to be at full strength for this one, with Germany having taken a heavy hit with injuries. Read our Germany v Argentina betting tips for more.
Germany v Argentina Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 8th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Germany News and Form
Germany will be lining up against Estonia on the 13th in their one game in the European Championships qualifiers during this international break. They get a warm-up for that one by taking on Argentina on Wednesday night. The Germans have won four of their last five games played, the one exception in that run, a 2-4 loss at home against the Netherlands in the Euro 2020 qualifiers. That is their only loss in their last eight fixtures and they seem to be on the road to recovery after a difficult year from late 2017 through to the end of the Nations League.
They are scoring a lot more freely at the moment, Die Mannschaft having netted at least two goals in each of their last five games played. Just once in their last eight have they failed to score at least two goals in a fixture. Surprisingly they have won only one of their last four at home, but have scored at least two goals in five of their last six. Germany aren’t at full strength with several players like Toni Kroos, Ilkay Gundogan and Timo Werner sidelined.
Germany v Argentina Head to Head
The last meeting was a friendly in 2014 which Argentina won
Argentina have won two of the last three meetings
Germany trails the head to head W2 D3 L5
Both teams have scored in two of the last five meetings
Argentina News and Form
Argentina are always a really hard side to read when it comes to international friendly matches. It is not always them at their strongest that you see. But they have a good record nonetheless. Argentina are undefeated in their last four international friendly games, conceding just one goal in that sequence of games. However, really since that 6-1 drubbing by Spain back in March last year, they haven’t faced anyone of note other than Brazil (L1) and Mexico (W3).
So their experiences against European nations are hard to gauge. They aren’t at full complement for this one, with Lionel Messi out injured, and the Albiceleste have some fresh faces in their squad. Argentina has suffered just one loss in their last 10 friendly away games. However, the quality of opposition has to come into question in that sequence against the likes of Hong Kong, El Salvador and Iraq.
Germany v Argentina Tips & Odds
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Who will win – Germany v Argentina Predictions
With both nations being deprived of some key figures, this may turn out to be a lower-key affair than expected. Germany certainly won’t want to risk too much ahead of their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Estonia. The Germans are a good home team, so they can grab the win by a one-goal margin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Argentina, Argentina International Friendly, Germany, Germany International Friendly, Germany v Argentina, International Friendly, International Friendly odds