Georgia v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 12th October 201911th October 2019 / lee
Georgia v Ireland European Championship Qualifiers Preview, 12th October 2.00 pm
Ireland are in control of Group D and they will look to maintain their position at the top of the pile, which they will be guaranteed to do if they keep up their great record against Georgia. Georgia needs a win to try and keep their automatic qualification hopes alive. Read our Georgia v Ireland betting tips for more.
Georgia v Ireland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 9th, 2019 at 11:56 p.m.)
Georgia News and Form
Georgia have collected four points from their five qualifying games so far. That leaves them five points out of second place in the group and with probably too much to do to get in the picture. This is a competitive group with Ireland, Denmark and Switzerland battling it out for the top two spots. Georgia’s one win in their W1 D1 L3 record came in a 3-0 success against Gibraltar.
They have scored just one goal in their other four games, total and they took a 1-0 loss when they visited Dublin in March. Georgia did win their Nations League group but have been very poor since then. On home soil, they have taken a W3 D1 L1 record in their last five European Championship qualification matches. That’s not a bad return, but two of those three wins were against Gibraltar (the other Scotland). They did pick up a good 0-0 draw against Denmark in their last home qualifier in this campaign.
Georgia v Ireland Head to Head
Ireland took a 1-0 win in the first group meeting
Each of the last four meetings have gone under 2.5 goals
Ireland gold a W9 D1 L0 record against Georgia
The last meeting in Georgia ended in a 1-1 draw
Ireland News and Form
Ireland are unbeaten in their last eight games (competitive and friendly). So they have some momentum going, even if they still look short of real goalscoring quality. They are W3 D2 so far in this qualification group, the draws happening in their bigger games against Denmark and Switzerland. Low-scoring wins over Georgia and Gibraltar probably indicates that this isn’t going to be a high scoring fixture.
Ireland are two points clear at the top over Denmark, three ahead of Switzerland who have played a game less than they have. So they can’t take their foot off the gas. Ireland have only netted six goals in their five games, way less than the other two main challengers have produced in this group. But Ireland have the best defensive record with only two conceded. Ireland have only lost one of their last five European Championship away qualifiers (D2 L2), but really need to find the win in this one.
Georgia v Ireland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Georgia v Ireland Predictions
The head to head more than suggests that Ireland can go and get an important win in this one. This will probably be a very tight game as Georgia shut down Denmark in their last home game. But still, an Ireland 1-0 win appeals.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: European Championship Qualifiers, European Championship Qualifiers odds, Georgia, Georgia European Championship Qualifiers, Georgia v Ireland, Ireland, Ireland European Championship Qualifiers