Genk v Napoli Prediction & Betting Tips, 2nd October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Genk v Napoli Champions League Preview, 2nd October 5.55pm
Genk had a nightmare start to the Champions League campaign as they were smashed 6-2 at RB Salzburg. So it’s hard to know where they can go from there. They will face a Napoli side who took early control of the group with a solid home win over reigning European champions Liverpool. Can they build on it? Read our Genk v Napoli betting tips for more.
Genk v Napoli Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 28th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Genk News and Form
Belgian champions Genk had a nightmare start to the Champions League campaign. It was a 6-2 loss against Salzburg that they suffered. In their last two European fixtures now they have shipped a total of ten goals. This is the first campaign in the Champions League in which they have qualified automatically. They had to get through qualifiers to make their two previous appearances. They still are yet to win a game in the Champions League proper. They have drawn seven of their thirteen group stage fixtures.
The last time that they were in the group stage they did take a draw in all three of their home games against Chelsea, Bayer Leverkusen and Valencia. It has been just two defeats in their last 11 Champions League home games now (W4 D5) and that includes qualifying. They have scored in all but one of their last 31 European fixtures. Genk were undefeated in 15 European home games before a loss against Slavia Prague in the Europa League last season. From their previous four fixtures against Italian opposition, Genk are W2 D1 L1.
Genk v Napoli Head to Head
This will be the first meeting between the two clubs
Napoli News and Form
Napoli collected an excellent 2-0 home win over Liverpool in their opening fixture. Out on the road in last season’s group stage, the Partenopei took only two points and are currently winless in their last seven road games in the Champions League proper. They returned to the competition this season after another second-place finish to Juventus in Serie A. Their overall form in the Champions League isn’t that hot, home and away combined.
It just five wins in their last 15 Champions League fixtures in total. All five of those wins were on home soil. After failing to get out of their group last season they went to the Europa League and were knocked out in the quarter-finals by Arsenal. Napoli have suffered two defeats in their last three visits to Belgium but won their most recent trip there. That was a 1 -0 success at Club Brugge in the 2015/16 Europa League.
Genk v Napoli Tips & Odds
Who will win – Genk v Napoli Predictions
Napoli can go and get a comfortable win under their belt. Their Belgian opponents aren’t likely to stand up to the quality that the Italians can bring to the table. It’s massively important for Napoli to build on that opening victory over Liverpool. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Genk, Genk Champions League, Genk v Napoli, Napoli, Napoli Champions League