Galatasaray v PSG Prediction & Betting Tips, 1st October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Galatasaray v PSG Champions League Preview, 1st October 8.00pm
Galatasaray will likely have been disappointed with their point at Club Brugge in their opening game of Group A. That’s because they have to deal with both PSG and Real Madrid to try and earn a qualification place. PSG took a resounding 3-0 home success over Real Madrid in their opener and lead the group. Read our Galatasaray v PSG betting tips for more.
Galatasaray v PSG Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 28th, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.)
Galatasaray News and Form
Turkish side Galatasaray were held to a draw at Club Brugge in their opener. They will have been a little disappointed in not getting three points there. This will be an interesting game because Galatasaray have won their last two home games against PSG. It would be something if they could pull that off again. Last season they did win their home opener in the group stage, thumping Lokomotiv Moscow 3-0.
Despite only taking one point from their following five games, they finished in third place and then lost to Benfica in the round of 32 in the Europa League. Their win over Lokomotiv last season is their only success in their last 16 European fixtures (D6 L9). Galatasaray are unbeaten in their last six home fixtures against French opposition, winning four of those. They have only lost one previous home game against a visitor from France.
Galatasaray v PSG Head to Head
The head to head is even at one win each and two draws
This is the first meeting since the 2000/01 Champions League
Both won their respective home games that season to nil
None of the past four meetings have both teams scored in
PSG News and Form
PSG soared to a 3-0 home success over Real Madrid on matchday one. That’s some way to start a campaign. They won their group last season ahead of Liverpool, Napoli and Red Star Belgrade but were, for the third season running, eliminated in the round of sixteen. Away from home in last season’s group stage campaign, PSG took four points from a draw at Napoli and win at Red Star.
They did win at Manchester United in the round of sixteen as well. Overall they have taken just the four wins in their last ten away games in the UEFA Champions League (D2 L4). They have been to Turkey four times before and have lost three of those trips. The one win happened on their last trip there was back in the 2008/09 UEFA Cup against Kayserispor. Of their last dozen Champions League matches, home and away, PSG have taken five wins only. They are on a 12 match scoring streak in the competition though.
Galatasaray v PSG Tips & Odds
Who will win – Galatasaray v PSG Predictions
Galatasaray failed to make an impression against the poorly ranked Club Brugge on matchday one. So they are going to have a tough time in keeping PSG quiet. The Parisians can probably go and collect a tidy three points with a clean sheet.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, Galatasaray, Galatasaray Champions League, Galatasaray v PSG, PSG, PSG Champions League