Fulham v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th August 201926th August 2019 / lee
Fulham v Southampton EFL Cup Preview, 27th August 7.45pm
Just last season these two were scrapping out in the Premier League. Now it is Championship side Fulham who, after relegation, will be looking to eliminate a team from the top tier. They get home soil at least but go as underdogs. Read our Fulham v Southampton betting tips for more.
Fulham v Southampton Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 29th, 2019 at 6:35 p.m.)
Fulham News and Form
The Cottagers have gone W3 L2 in their Championship campaign so far. They suffered a surprise home lose against Nottingham Forest on the weekend. Before that they had put together a three-match winning streak, scoring at least two goals in each of those games.
Fulham made it to the fourth round of last season’s EFL Cup, getting knocked out by Man City. It leaves the Cottagers with a W3 L3 record in their last six League Cup games. They have lost two of their last three at home.
Southampton News and Form
The Saints finally got their season up and going on the weekend. That was with a 2-0 away win in the Premier League against Brighton. They had lost their opening two games of the season. With their early-season struggles, what will boss Ralph Hasenhuttl do here? Give his main crop of players more playing time or rest them?
The Saints have lost three of their last five EFL Cup games. Their last two have both gone to penalties, the Saints beating Everton in a shootout in last season’s third round, before then losing to Leicester in the next round. Southampton have scored just two goals in their last four EFL Cup games, total.
Fulham v Southampton Tips & Odds
Who will win – Fulham v Southampton Predictions
There has to be enough in this to warrant having a go at the home victory. Fulham have been scoring well on home soil and Southampton may not turn up with the strongest side. Fulham to qualify at least, or just a straight home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds, Fulham, Fulham EFL Cup, Fulham v Southampton, Southampton, Southampton EFL Cup