FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th August 201913th August 2019 / lee
FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade Champions League Preview, 13th August 7.00pm
It is all even in this third-round qualifying tie. It looked as if Belgrade were going to be walking away with a first-leg advantage but Copenhagen managed to tie things up late on. How far will that away goal help them in their quest? The winners will take on Young Boys in the playoff round. Read our FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade betting tips for more.
FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade Betting Odds*
FC Copenhagen 110/11
Red Star Belgrade 3/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 12th, 2019 at 1:14 p.m.)
FC Copenhagen News and Form
Copenhagen came up with an equaliser six minutes from time in the first leg out in Belgrade. That gives them a nice foothold in the fixture with the cushion of the away goal. It is always a nice thing to have in the bag. The Danish SuperLiga started back in the middle of July so they have had plenty of matches under their belt already this season. They started in the second qualifying round of this season’s Champions League qualifiers where they saw off The New Saints 3-0 on aggregate.
This is their first campaign back in the Champions League since 2017. The Danish outfit are actually undefeated in their last four Champions League games, losing just one of their last five (W3 D1 L1). Their home record in Champions League fixtures from recent campaigns is superb. They are on a three-match winning streak and have posted an impressive W6 D2 L1 record in their last nine home fixtures in the competition.
FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade Head to Head
The first leg of this tie was the first meeting between the two clubs
Red Star Belgrade News and Form
Red Star will have been disappointed at having given up that away goal after having been in a good position. Early in the new season, both on the domestic and European front, they have been a bit patchy with their form. They are W1 D1 L1 in their last three played in all competitions. Red Star’s season started back in the first qualifying round of the Champions League, taking a 2-1 aggregate win over over FK Suduva.
In the second qualifying round they made hard work of getting past HSJ Helsinki, taking a 3-2 aggregate win in the tie after a second-leg away loss. So in their five European games played this season they are W2 D2 L1. Their away form will be their big worry for them. They are D2 L4 in their last six road games in the UEFA Champions League. That includes last season’s campaign in the group stage of the competition alongside PSG, Liverpool and Napoli.
FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade Tips & Odds
Who will win – FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade Predictions
Red Star Belgrade may well have missed the boat in not picking up a win at home in the first leg. Copenhagen will get their chances against a side with poor European away form and can do enough to pick up the second leg victory.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Champions League, Champions League odds, FC Coepnhangen, FC Copenhagen Champions League, FC Copenhagen v Red Star Belgrade, Red Star Belgrade, Red Star Belgrade Champions League