Exeter v Macclesfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 3rd August 20192nd August 2019 / lee
Exeter v Macclesfield League Two Preview, 3rd August 3.00pm
Exeter put themselves into contention for a finish in the playoff spots in League Two last season. Unfortunately for them, they fell short by just one point. But they are consistently one of the better teams in the fourth tier and maybe this will be their season. Macclesfield avoided falling down into the National League, finishing one place above the drop zone. Read our Exeter v Macclesfield betting tips for more.
Exeter v Macclesfield Betting Odds*
Exeter even money
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 31st, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.)
Exeter News and Form
The home form of Exeter was strong as expected last season. They produced a W12 D3 L8 record on home soil in the division. Despite going well, the really did struggle to get consistent winning form going in the second half of the season. Exeter produced a win in three of their final four home games. Their big troubles on home soil were against the top sides in the division.
Of their eight league home defeats in the campaign, five of those were against top-six finishers. So that is where they came up short. Exeter averaged 1.5 goals per home game last season and took a clean sheet in 35% of their home fixtures. Of their twelve home wins, seven of them were by a margin of at least two goals. Exeter ended the season with the joint fourth-best defensive record in the division.
Exeter v Macclesfield Head to Head
Macclesfield produced back-to-back wins over Exeter last season
Exeter won the two league meetings before that
Macclesfield are W5 D5 L4 in the overall head to head against Exeter
Three of the last four meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Macclesfield News and Form
Macclesfield’s season was defined by their really poor start. Through to the middle of December, they managed just one victory in League Two. They did recover well through the second half of the season, and it was a good enough revival to get themselves safe at the end of the day and preserve their status in the top four tiers.
They will hope to get off to a more convincing start this season. The Silkmen went W5 D3 L15 on their League Two travels last season. They averaged under a goal per game away from home while they conceded at an average of 1.7 per road game. They picked up a clean sheet in just 17% of away games.
Exeter v Macclesfield Tips & Odds
Who will win – Exeter v Macclesfield Predictions
Exeter was good on home soil last season. They look very nicely priced to back them to collect three points in this fixture. Macclesfield had some big problems last term and could struggle in a tricky away day opener.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Exeter, Exeter League Two, Exeter v Macclesfield, league two, league two odds, Macclesfield, Macclesfield League Two