England v Czech Republic Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd March 201919th March 2019 / lee
England v Czech Republic Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 22nd March 7.45pm
In the grander scheme of things, England should easily be locking down an automatic qualification spot at Euro 2020. They kick off things at home against the Czech Republic, who are expected to be joining England in finishing in the top two. Can England open up in style with a good three points? Read our England v Czech Republic betting tips for more.
England v Czech Republic Betting Odds*
Czech Republic 10/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
England v Czech Republic Preview
England get one of their two toughest games in this Euro 2020 qualification group out of the way first of all. Things are looking positive for England at the moment on the back of their World Cup 2018 semi-final run and their group victory in the Nations League over Croatia and Spain. So there is plenty of optimism around the Three Lions at the moment. Boss Gareth Southgate called up more youth into the squad with Declan Rice and Callum Hudson-Odoi getting their first calls. England are undefeated in their last five games, winning four of those.
England have scored at least two goals in each of their last three international fixtures. They have banked a clean sheet in three of their last five as well. In their home games in the competitive Nations League fixtures, England suffered a 2-1 reverse against Spain before beating Croatia in their final group stage match at Wembley. England came from behind with goals from Jesse Lingard and Harry Kane in the last 12 minutes to give them the win they needed to top the group. England have lost one of their last 18 home internationals. They also completed qualification campaigns for Euro 2016 and the World Cup 2018 with perfect home records.
The Czech Republic last met England back in a 2008 friendly and that game ended in a 2-2 draw. Their previous meeting had been a decade earlier with England winning 2-0 at home in a friendly. In last year’s Nations League the Czech Republic finish second in their group behind Ukraine. In their away games they suffered a defeat in Ukraine and earned a one-goal margin win in Slovakia. The Czech Republic have taken three wins in their last five, but the two wins over Slovakia were only by a one-goal margin. Each of their last three games played have produced a 1-0 scoreline, with the Czech Republic winning two of those. The Czech Republic did struggle during World Cup 2018 qualification away from home, only managing to take victories at Azerbaijan and San Marino.
Who will win – England v Czech Republic Predictions
England should be comfortable at home in this opener, even if it’s against their strongest group opponents. England are in great shape on home soil and are likely to get out with a clean sheet too. England to win to nil at 8/11* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 19th, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- France Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Venezuela v Argentina Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th June 2019
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
Tags: Czech Republic, Czech Republic Euro 2020 Qualifiers, England, England Euro 2020 Qualifiers, England v Czech Republic, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds