England shortest odds since 1966 to win World Cup9th July 2018 / lee
It has been some journey for England at Russia 2018 and now just two more successes will see them record their second ever World cup title. They made it into the semi finals for just the third time as they beat Sweden 2-0 in Samara on the weekend and now they are on the doorstep of making it to just their second ever World cup Final. Their previous visit there ended in their 1996 success.
At no point since winning the 1996 World Cup have England been at such short odds to win a World Cup. They are 11/4 odds with bet365* (betting odds were taken from July 7th, 2018 at 8:17 pm) to get their hands on the trophy next weekend but standing between them first of all in the semi finals is more European opposition in the form of Croatia, who are arguably better technically than the Three Lions are. But what punters have seen from Gareth Southgate’s young side is commitment and belief.
Croatia v England odds*
* (betting odds were taken from July 7th, 2018 at 8:17 pm)
The last time that England was within touching distance of the World Cup Final was in 1990 when they were stopped by Germany, yes that game with Gazza crying and everything. Harry Kane is still the red-hot favourite to get the Golden Boot this summer after having notched up his six goals, two clear of Belgium’s Romelu Lukaku heading into the semi finals. Kane will have two more games regardless to try and add to that tally.
Just because of the sheer commitment and energy that England have brought to the World Cup, because of the youthful enthusiasm that is covering up a lack of quality, England can already hold their heads high. If England could make is past Croatia, and it wouldn’t matter to anyone in what manner (England are 8/13 at bet365 to qualify), then they would facing up to France or would get another game against Belgium who they lost to in the group stage* (betting odds were taken from July 7th, 2018 at 8:17 pm).
World cup 2018 Winner odds*
* (betting odds were taken from July 7th, 2018 at 8:17 pm
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Chelsea v Malmo Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st February 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Shakhtar Donetsk Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st February 2019
- Valencia v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st February 2019
- Arsenal v BATE Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st February 2019
- FA Cup - Quarter Final Draw - Manchester City 4/5 favourites
- Sevilla v Lazio Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th February 2019
- Schalke v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th February 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Juventus Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th February 2019
- Liverpool v Bayern Munich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th February 2019