Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th March 201913th March 2019 / lee
Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea Europa League Preview, 14th March 5.55pm
This tie looks pretty much to be in the bag with Chelsea having powered their way to a 3-0 success in the first leg. That sets them up so well for this trip out and East. It should be a simple matter of game management from the Premier League side now. Read our Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea betting tips for more.
Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea Betting Odds*
Dynamo Kiev 13/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 12th, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.)
Chelsea News and Form
It was comfortable for a patient Chelsea side in the end at home against Dynamo Kiev in the first leg of this round of sixteen tie. Chelsea have never won in Ukraine before having gone D1 L1 there from their previous visits. The victory in the first leg gave Chelsea their eighth win in nine Europa League games this season (D1). After topping their group stage they comfortably beat Malmo 5-1 in the last round.
This is the second meeting between the two teams after having met in the 2015/16 Champions League group stage. There was a 0-0 draw between them in Kiev on that occasion. In their other game in Ukraine, Chelsea lost 2-1 at Shakhtar Donetsk in the 2013/14 Champions League. The Blues are unbeaten in twelve Europa League games now. They are W4 D1 in their last five away games in the competition. The Blues have won 11 of the 15 previous UEFA ties after a first-leg victory at home.
Dynamo Kiev News and Form
There is a big uphill task for Kiev then in this one. Like Chelsea, Dynamo Kiev also won their group in the Europa League and then edged a 3-2 aggregate win over Olympiakos in the last round. They do actually have some good home form against English sides. They have only suffered three defeats in their 14 previous home games against English opponents, winning five of those.
In the Europa League specifically, Dynamo Kiev are W2 D1 at home against English sides. They have won their two previous knockout ties as well in this competition against English opposition, Man City in 2010/11 and Everton in 2014/15. It doesn’t look too likely that they are going to pull off a win in this tie. Dynamo Kiev have lost just two of their last fourteen home games in Europe (W8 D4) which is a fine record. In 5 of their last 13 previous UEFA ties where they had lost the first leg away from home, Kiev fought back to win.
Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea Tips & Odds
Who will win – Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea Predictions
There is little need for Chelsea to push in this one and given that Kiev have a pretty good home record against English sides, the draw may be the safest bet in the match outright.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Spain vs Romania Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th November 2019
- Gibraltar v Switzerland Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th November 2019
- Ireland vs Denmark Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th November 2019
- Moldova vs Iceland Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th November 2019
- Bulgaria vs Czech Republic Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th November 2019
- Serbia vs Ukraine Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th November 2019
- Albania vs France Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th November 2019
- Kosovo vs England Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th November 2019
- Bolton vs MK Dons Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
Tags: Chelsea, Chelsea europa league, Dynamo Kiev, Dynamo Kiev Europa League, Dynamo Kiev v Chelsea, Europa League, Europa League odds