Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 201917th September 2019 / lee
Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Champions League Preview, 18th September 8.00pm
Italian side Atalanta are making their UEFA Champions League debut so this is going to be a huge occasion for them. They make a trip to Zagreb to kick things off and they will be doing so as favourites. Will the Croatians be able to keep them at bay in this Group C encounter? This is Manchester City’s group. Read our Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta betting tips for more.
Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Betting Odds*
Dinamo Zagreb 13/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 14th, 2019 at 5:47 p.m.)
Dinamo Zagreb News and Form
Dinamo couldn’t pull off qualification to the Champions League last season and ended up in the Europa League. They did win their section there and moved through the round 32 before bowing out of the competition against Benfica in the last sixteen. This season they started qualification for the Champions League in the second round and were successful, finishing with a playoff win over Norwegian side Rosenborg.
It is an eight-match undefeated streak of home European form that Dinamo are on (W6 D2). They have lost just one of their last thirteen on home soil, winning one of those. This is the seventh time that they have been in the Champions League group stage, but their record here is poor, to say the least. They have lost 27 of their 36 previous games (W4 D5). They are on an eleven match losing streak in group stage fixtures and have taken one victory in their last 27 (D2 L24). Dinamo hold a W3 D4 L12 record against Italian teams, losing each of the last three.
Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Head to Head
The two have met previously in the 90/91 UEFA Cup first round
Atalanta won the tie on away goals
Atalanta News and Form
It is a competition debut for Atalanta. This fixture will be just their 36th European game. They took a wonderful third-place finish in Serie A last season and were runners up in the Coppa Italia. The past two seasons they have been in the Europa League and made it to the knockout stage in their first attempt in 2017/18, where they were eliminated by Borussia Dortmund in the round of 32.
Last season they failed to make it back to the EL group stage, losing on penalties to FC Copenhagen in the qualification playoff round. Atalanta have lost just two of their last 11 European games (W4 D5) and have lost one of their last seven (W3 D3) which was in the aforementioned tie against Borussia Dortmund. They are the only debutants in this season’s Champions League.
Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Tips & Odds
Who will win – Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Predictions
Atalanta showed so much quality in Serie A last season to get themselves to the group stage of the Champions League. Even when the pressure was on at the end of the season for a top-four league finish, they held it together. They can go and land an away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Lille v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Slavia Prague v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- QPR v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 2019
- Benfica v Lyon Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- RB Leipzig v Zenit St Petersburg Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Genk v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Ajax v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
- Club Brugge v PSG Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd October 2019
- Salzburg v Napoli Prediction & Betting Tips, 23rd October 2019
Tags: Atalanta, Atalanta Champions League, Champions League, Champions League odds, Dinamo Zagreb, Dinamo Zagreb Champions League, Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta