Derby v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th September 201911th September 2019 / lee
Derby v Cardiff Championship Preview, 13th September 7.45pm
The Championship returns to action on Friday night with Cardiff visiting Pride Park. Derby have been struggling with their form a little bit and they start the weekend just three points above the drop zone. So they are going to be feeling the pressure greatly on home soil. Cardiff are above them, two points better off. Read our Derby v Cardiff betting tips for more.
Derby v Cardiff Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 10th, 2019 at 12:31 p.m.)
Derby News and Form
Derby find themselves in a bit of a sticky spot down near the relegation zone. Their summer of upheaval may just be catching up with them a bit. They won their opening game of the campaign, but are winless since in a W1 D3 L2 record in this season’s Championship.
The Rams have taken a W0 D2 L1 record on home soil this season. In their last home game, they did get a very good point against West Brom. The Rams have managed only one clean sheet in the league this season, that coming in their 0-0 home opener against Swansea. It’s been two goals scored in three home games from them.
Two of the three goals which they have conceded at Pride Park has been in the first half of matches. Carrying over from the back end of last season, Derby are winless (D2 L2) in their last four league home games, scoring just two goals in a sequence. Martyn Waghorn is their top scorer this season with three goals (two of those penalties).
Derby v Cardiff Head to Head
Derby took four points from their 2017/18 Championship meetings with Cardiff
The last two meetings at Pride Park have gone over 3.5 goals
Just one of the last four meetings have produced a home win
Cardiff have lost two of their last three league visits to Derby
Cardiff News and Form
Cardiff don’t have any winning momentum behind them having drawn their last two league games. However, they are undefeated in their last three played in the second tier (W1 D2). Their home form has been far better than what they have produced on the road. Cardiff are just D1 L2 away from home, which hints that this is going to be a tough game for them.
The Bluebirds have failed to score in their last two on the road as well. They played out a 0-0 draw with Blackburn in their last road game. That was a big defensive improvement because they had conceded exactly three goals in both of their previous away games. Four of the six away goals they have conceded have been in the second half of games.
Cardiff have gone W1 D1 L3 in their last five Championship away games now. Each of their last three road losses in the Championship has seen them conceded exactly three goals. That sequence was started with a 3-1 loss at Derby at the back of last season.
Derby v Cardiff Tips & Odds
Who will win – Derby v Cardiff Predictions
With little away form behind them, it is hard to back Cardiff to come up with spoils in this one. Even though Derby haven’t managed to find their feet yet at Pride Park, this surely serves up a good opportunity to get their first home win. Derby to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Cardiff, Cardiff Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Derby, Derby Championship, Derby v Cardiff