Derby v Bristol City Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th August 201919th August 2019 / lee
Derby v Bristol City Championship Preview, 20th August 7.45pm
Derby have made a solid start to the new Championship after the heartbreak of losing the Play-Off Final last season. They are unbeaten over their opening three matches. That is more than can be said of Bristol City, but the Robins are just one point behind the Rams. So there is a big early three points up for grabs. Read our Derby v Bristol City betting tips for more.
Derby v Bristol City Betting Odds*
Bristol City 13/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 7:27 p.m.)
Derby News and Form
It has been a return of W1 D2 from Derby’s three games this season in the Championship. Their lone win happened on the opening weekend of the season as they got a 2-1 win at Huddersfield. They have followed that up with a home draw against Swansea and an away draw on the weekend against Stoke. All four goals for Derby have come from two players, two each for Tom Lawrence and Martyn Waghorn.
The Rams produced a W13 D7 L3 record at home in last season’s Championship and they are now, including their draw against Swansea this season, on an eight-match undefeated streak of home form in the division, winning four of their last five. On the weekend, they will have been disappointed at not having converted an early lead at Stoke into a win but they instead found themselves needing to come up with an equaliser in the second half.
Derby v Bristol City Head to Head
The Rams took four points off Bristol City last season
Derby took a 2-0 win at Ashton Gate in the last campaign
Four of the last six meetings have ended in a draw
Just one of the last four meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Bristol City News and Form
The Robins have recovered from a tough opening to the new season. They started with a home defeat against Leeds, but have taken four points from their next two games. It started with a 1-1 draw at Birmingham, before securing a solid 2-0 home win over QPR on the weekend. The huge positive from them is that they have scored in all three games played so far this season. All four of their goals have come from different players. In last season’s Championship campaign Bristol City won more games on the road than they did at home. They took a W11 D5 L7 record on their travels. With their draw at Birmingham this season that is a three-match undefeated streak of form on the road that the Robins are on in the Championship.
Derby v Bristol City Tips & Odds
Who will win – Derby v Bristol City Predictions
This may well be a close game, but we are going to stick with home advantage. It is not easy to go out on the road in such a short space of time after the weekend action. So because of that, we have to side slightly with the Rams at home to sneak a win by a one-goal margin.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Bristol City, Bristol City Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Derby, Derby Championship, Derby v Bristol City