Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 201914th November 2019 / lee
Cyprus vs Scotland Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 16th November 2.00pm
Scotland will be going to the play-offs as they can’t now qualify in the top two from Group I of Euro 2020 qualification. But they need to get some momentum up and running after a disappointing return. A win in this one will lift them above Cyprus by two points. Like Scotland, Cyprus can’t qualify either. Read our Cyprus vs Scotland betting tips for more.
Cyprus vs Scotland Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 12th, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.)
Cyprus News and Form
Cyprus have a W3 D1 L4 from this qualification campaign. This is a dead rubber and because they didn’t have success in their Nations League group, Cyprus have no chance of making it to Euro 2020. Cyprus took a 5-0 loss at home in their last qualification match, which was when they hosted Russia.
It has been only two wins in their last seven competitive matches that Cyprus have picked up, those successes happening on the road at San Marino and Kazakhstan. Cyprus have taken only one win in their last six competitive games at home (D2 L3). They have failed to score in three of their last five in Nicosia.
Cyprus vs Scotland Head to Head
Scotland are unbeaten in six previous meetings with Cyprus
Each of the last three meetings have ended in a 2-1 win for Scotland
Scotland’s last four wins over Cyprus have been by a 1 goal margin
Cyprus have conceded at least two goals in all six previous games against Scotland
Scotland News and Form
Scotland’s hopes of reaching Euro 2020 are going to rest on their playoff campaign. In their last qualifier the Scots took a 6-0 home win over San Marino. That snapped a run of four straight defeats in the qualifiers that they had been on. Scotland scored only one goal in that run of four losses, which were all against Belgium and Russia. Scotland’s campaign started on the backfoot as they lost 3-0 in Kazakhstan and have only secured a W3 L5 record.
One of those wins though was a 2-1 nervy home success over Cyprus. Scotland do need to try and get some competitive returns going still, they need confidence ahead of the play offs. They have however taken just a W2 D2 L5 record in their last nine European Championship away qualifiers. Scotland have failed to score in three of their last four such road games.
Cyprus vs Scotland Tips & Odds
Who will win – Cyprus vs Scotland Predictions
A short price on Scotland away from home is probably not going to have too much appeal for punters. There is at the end of the day, nothing at stake in this game and Cyprus may be able to frustrate the visitors. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Cyprus, Cyprus Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Cyprus vs Scotland, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Scotland, Scotland Euro 2020 Qualifiers