Crystal Palace v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 9th February 20197th February 2019 / lee
Crystal Palace v West Ham Premier League Preview, 9th February 3.00pm
The Eagles got themselves a good three points against Fulham last weekend but are still only the four points from the drop zone. There’s work to do still. West Ham have found wins hard to come by recently, but they got themselves a well-earned point against Liverpool on Monday night. Read our Crystal Palace v West Ham betting tips for more.
Crystal Palace v West Ham Betting Odds*
Crystal Palace 3/1
West Ham 6/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 5th, 2019 at 11:38 p.m.)
Crystal Palace News and Form
Crystal Palace secured a good 2-0 home win over Fulham last weekend. Their last two Premier League wins incidentally have been by a 2-0 scoreline. They have scored at least two goals in each of their last three league victories. The win over Fulham last weekend leaves Palace at W3 D1 L2 in their last six at Selhurst Park. Those two goals as well took their poor home goal tally up to just eight for the season. Only 17% of league games at Selhurst Park this season have gone over 2.5 goals.
In four of their last six games in which they have avoided defeat, they have taken a clean sheet. They have been good defensively as the Eagles average under a goal per game against them on home soil. They have tallied up a clean sheet in 42% of their home games. Of the 11 home goals that they have conceded, all but one have been in the second half of matches. Southampton and Huddersfield are the only two sides currently with worse EPL home records than the Eagles.
Crystal Palace v West Ham Head to Head
West Ham earned a 3-2 win over Palace earlier this season
Palace are winless in seven EPL games against the Hammers (D3 L4)
West Ham are W3 D1 in their last four trips to Selhurst Park
Seven of the last nine league meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
West Ham News and Form
Every now and again, West Ham play out of their skin. They did it on Monday in picking up a 1-1 draw against Liverpool. That followed a brilliant defensive display in a 1-0 home win over Arsenal in their previous home game. Sandwiched between those two results though were away defeats at Bournemouth and Wolves. West Ham are currently on a three-match losing streak away from home. Those games where they look brilliant just don’t happen often enough for them.
Overall this season on their top-flight travels West Ham are a W4 D2 L6 this season. Three of those four away wins have been against sides currently 15th or lower. Crystal Palace are 14th. West Ham have conceded an average of 1.6 goals away from home with only the two away clean sheets recorded all season. The Hammers have no clean sheet in their last four away games and haven’t scored in any of their last three away from home.
Crystal Palace v West Ham Tips & Odds
Who will win – Crystal Palace v West Ham Predictions
West Ham are really hit and miss on their travels. It may be a good time to back the Eagles to come up with another home success. It is likely to end up being a low scoring game. Palace to win by a one-goal margin fits nicely.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace Premier League, Crystal Palace v West Ham, Premier League, Premier League odds, West Ham, West Ham premier league