Crystal Palace v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 9th March 20198th March 2019 / lee
Crystal Palace v Brighton Premier League Preview, 9th March 12.30pm
The Eagles have won three of their last five games and relegation concerns seem to be well behind them at the moment. They will be looking for more against Brighton on the weekend at Selhurst Park. The Seagulls snapped a long winless streak last week to ease some of their own rising relegation worries. Read our Crystal Palace v Brighton betting tips for more.
Crystal Palace v Brighton Betting Odds*
Crystal Palace 4/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on March 6th, 2019 at 7:38 p.m.)
Crystal Palace News and Form
The Eagles secured a very good away win at Burnley last weekend which was their third win in five Premier League games (D1 L1). They have only lost one of their last six played, home and away, so things are going well at the moment. Their record at home this season isn’t great at just W3 D4 L7 though. They are W1 D1 L1 in their last three there. But as a positive for them in this one Crystal Palace have lost just one of six home games this season against other teams in the bottom half of the table.
The Eagles are at just the ten goals at home this season. 21% of games at Selhurst Park have ended under 2.5 goals. That having been said Palace have scored in each of their last four home fixtures in the EPL. 80% of their home goals conceded have been in the second half of matches. Bottom side Huddersfield are the only team who have a worse home record in the division than the Eagles have. Palace have scored the opening goal in 5 of their 14 home games only.
Crystal Palace v Brighton Head to Head
Brighton took a 3-1 home win over Crystal Palace earlier this season
The Eagles are unbeaten in four home games against Brighton (W2 D2)
Palace were 3-2 winners in last season’s corresponding fixture
Each of the last three meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Brighton News and Form
Brighton were winless in seven league games before grinding out a 1-0 home win over bottom side Huddersfield last weekend. That was a big three points for the Seagulls to stop their slide. They are W1 D3 L5 in their last nine. That home success last weekend has done nothing to arrest their poor away form though. The Seagulls are winless in six top-flight away games, collecting just the one point in that sequence. They have tallied 13 away goals this season.
The away record of the Seagulls is W2 D2 L10. They have conceded quite heavily on their travels with 1.8 goals against them per game on average. They have conceded a total of ten goals in their last four away games alone. Brighton have managed to earn just one away clean sheet themselves this season. They are without one in any of their last nine on the road. Brighton have actually conceded at least two goals in each of their last five away games.
Crystal Palace v Brighton Tips & Odds
Who will win – Crystal Palace v Brighton Predictions
The Eagles are in good enough form to come up with three points here. The away form of Brighton just hasn’t been there and the Eagles can take them down. Home win in a low scoring game probably.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2019
- Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Manchester United v Astana Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Southampton v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th September 2019
- Wolves v Braga Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: Brighton, Brighton premier league, Crystal Palace, Crystal Palace Premier League, Crystal Palace v Brighton, Premier League, Premier League odds