Croatia v Hungary Prediction & Betting Tips, 10th October 20199th October 2019 / lee
Croatia v Hungary Euro 2020 Qualifiers Preview, 10th October 7.45pm
Things are very tight in Group E of Euro 2020 qualification. Croatia are leading the way but with only a one-point advantage over both Slovakia and Thursday’s opponents Hungary. So will the Curtains be able to deliver a home win to leave them in a strong position to lock down a qualification place? Read our Croatia v Hungary betting tips for more.
Croatia v Hungary Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 9th, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.)
Croatia News and Form
The Croatians are top of Group E but only by the narrow margin of one point. They suffered a shock 2-1 loss on their trip to Hungary earlier in the group and were held to a draw by Azerbaijan. But despite those setbacks, their record of W3 D1 L1 has seen them lead the way in the group. A win in this game will pretty much secure them a place at Euro 2020 next summer as it would move them four points clear of Hungary with two to play.
Croatia’s form is patchy. They are W3 D1 L2 in their last six fixtures (competitive and friendly). A 2-1 home defeat against Tunisia in a friendly back in June snapped a four-match winning streak of home form that they were on. Croatia’s form in European Championship home qualifiers is excellent. They are W6 D2 in their last eight such fixtures but have only nailed the one clean sheet in their last five. But their home scoring is worth noting as they have netted at least two goals in six of their last seven European Championship qualifiers at home.
Croatia v Hungary Head to Head
Croatia have won their last three home games against Hungary
This is the first meeting in Croatia since 1996
Hungary are unbeaten in their last four against Croatia (W1 D3)
There was a 2-1 home win secured by Hungary in the first group meeting
Hungary News and Form
If Hungary could pull off the double over Croatia in this group, they would leave themselves in a fine position. Not only would they be two points clear of Croatia, but would boss the head to head tiebreaker with them if it came down to it. Hungary are on a W3 D2 record in the group, their two reverses happening against Slovakia. That is back to back defeats which Hungary have suffered, a friendly loss in Montenegro being followed by a loss in the qualifiers to Slovakia.
Those were both 2-1 defeats. Hungary have scored in each of their last five games. Hungary have taken a W2 D1 L2 record in their last five European Championship away qualifiers, the losses happening against Greece and Slovakia. They are one of those sides who are a bit hit and miss. Without question, they are a bigger threat on home soil than anything. If you look at their away form in all types of fixtures, they are W1 D2 L5 in their last eight.
Croatia v Hungary Tips & Odds
Who will win – Croatia v Hungary Predictions
Croatia were shocked on that trip to Hungary, but they should be able to even things out by winning their home fixture against them. Hungary are not a good away side at all and Croatia on home soil should have enough quality to get the job done. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Croatia, Croatia Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Croatia v Hungary, Euro 2020 Qualifiers, Euro 2020 Qualifiers odds, Hungary, Hungary Euro 2020 qualifiers