Cristiano Ronaldo Club After Summer Transfer Window Betting Odds17th June 2017 / lee
Is the world of football in for a bit of a shake up? Are the rumours really true that Cristiano Ronaldo wants a move away from Madrid after being accused of tax fraud in the country? Well, time will tell of course, but the Spanish press was full of the story on Friday that CR7 wants to get away from Madrid and that the player has already told Madrid president Florentino Perez of his desire to quit the club.
Ronaldo is on international duty with Portugal at the Confederations Cup at the moment, but no sooner had the rumours of his unrest surfaced, bookmakers were quickly on the to scene to slash the odds of Ronaldo on making a move back to Old Trafford. Before Friday, Ronaldo was a 7/1 shot at SkyBet to have Manchester United as his next club but now that has been trimmed all the way down to a 7/2 price.
Any time that Ronaldo’s name comes up in transfer gossip, his former club Manchester United, who sold him to Madrid, always crops up. But he is now 32 and not exactly a look towards the future, despite being one of the greatest in the game still. Along with that, there is of course, the hefty transfer fee that one club would have to dip into in order just to secure that one player and not many clubs will have that kind of cash to dish out on one player alone.
If he were to move then he’s not going to be cheap. The likes of Bayern Munich 16/1, PSG 16/1 and Manchester City around 20/1 have been brought up to be Ronaldo’s next club, but it is worth sticking on Ronaldo to stay where he is. He is a 1/2 price at Sky Bet to still be at Madrid after the summer and that is where the safe money is.
There’s no reason why either Bayern or PSG would touch him, not at the age and the price, it wouldn’t’ make great business sense, and Ronaldo isn’t going to lower his ego to end up in the MLS at the moment, despite New York having been mentioned. There’s a precedent that nods towards Ronaldo staying because Barcelona star Lionel Messi has been in all sorts of tax troubles and he has stood by Barcelona and vice versa.
Everything just points to him staying in Madrid, simply because of his age, wages and transfer value.
Cristiano Ronaldo Club After Summer Transfer Window Betting Odds
Real Madrid 1/3, Manchester United 6/1, PSG 6/1, Any Chinese Club 20/1, Any MLS Club 20/1, Man City 25/1, Bayern Munich 16/1, Chelsea 25/1, AC Milan 25/1, bar 66/1
Each week you can claim a free £5 bet with bookmaker SkyBet. This is because they run their great Sky Bet Club which is open to all punters. After opening an account with the bookmaker (where you can claim a free £20 bet bonus) you can go and opt into the Sky Bet Club. There, just make £25 worth of qualifying bets each week before 11.59:59 pm on Sunday evening and you will be credited with a free £5 bet to use! Just stay in the club by making the qualifying bets each week and you can keep collecting the free bets!
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Chelsea v Southampton Match Preview and Predictions & Betting Odds - 22nd April 2018
- Chelsea v Southampton FA Cup Prediction & Betting Tips - 22nd April 2018
- Arsenal v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2018
- Manchester United v Tottenham FA Cup Prediction & Betting Tips - 21st April 2018
- Stoke v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2018
- Sevilla v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips - 21st April 2018
- Watford v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st April 2018
- Manchester City v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd April 2018
- Millwall v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips - 20th April 2018