Crawley v Colchester Prediction & Betting Tips, 29th October 201928th October 2019 / lee
Crawley v Colchester EFL Cup Preview, 29th October 7.45pm
There will at least be one League Two side heading through to the next round of the League Cup. Crawley and Colchester square off on Tuesday night in West Sussex, trying to make progress. It’s going to be a big night for one of them with a place in the quarter-finals at stake. Read our Crawley v Colchester betting tips for more.
Crawley v Colchester Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 28th, 2019 at 4:23 p.m.)
Crawley News and Form
Crawley are down in the bottom half of the league two but are only three points behind 9th-placed Colchester. So there isn’t much between the two at all. Crawley have been struggling with their home form though as they have lost three of their last four on home soil (W1).
They have conceded at least two goals in each of those defeats. Interestingly though, the one win that they have picked up in their last four games, it was in a home fixture against, yes, Colchester. In this season’s League Cup, Crawley opened with an away win at Walsall.
They then beat Premier League side Norwich 1-0, before winning a penalty shoot-out to get past Championship side Stoke. So they have been putting things together. They have won through in five of their last six home ties in the League Cup.
Crawley v Colchester Head to Head
Crawley have won the last two meetings with Colchester
Four of the last five meetings have ended in a home win
Of the last six meetings, four of them have gone over 2.5 goals
Both teams have scored in four of the last six
Colchester News and Form
Colchester have been going well this season, until just recently. They have only picked up one win in their last four games played now. Before that, they had lost one of a run of ten games. They did get a win on the weekend in league action at home. This has been some League Cup campaign from them.
Colchester have gotten past two Premier League sides to reach this stage. They opened with a home win over Swindon and then were heavy underdogs for a visit to Crystal Palace. Colchester got through on penalties. Then they played host to Tottenham in the last round and again succeeded in a penalty shootout.
That was a huge night for them. It was 0-0 draws against Palace and Spurs that they had dug out, meaning they haven’t conceded in his season’s competition. The victory at Palace snapped a six-match winless run of away ties in the League Cup.
Crawley v Colchester Tips & Odds
Who will win – Crawley v Colchester Predictions
The occasion may take some of the life out of this game because it will probably be tense. Both have really done well in running a tight ship at the back in this season’s competition, with both having seen off Premier League opposition. Look for under 2.5 goals.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Colchester, Colchester EFL Cup, Crawley, Crawley EFL Cup, Crawley v Colchester, EFL Cup, EFL Cup odds