Coventry v Stoke FA Cup Prediction & Betting Tips – 6th January 20185th January 2018 / lee
Coventry v Stoke FA Cup, 6th January 3.00pm
The Potters have to be a little bit nervy about this trip to the Ricoh Arena. They are well out of form at the moment and this won’t be an easy challenge for them against League Two’s Coventry. The Sky Blues are a very strong home side and they have a really resilient defence as well. Is there a hint of a Cup upset here? Coventry are 4/1 underdogs here with the draw at 3/1 and Stoke at 8/11.
Coventry v Stoke FA Cup Betting Tips
There has to be a good opportunity here for League Two side Coventry to make a splash in the FA Cup. They are in a promotion push for a place in League One next season and their success has largely been built off the strength of their defence. It is good. The Sky Blues have averaged just 0.69 per game against them in League Two with a clean sheet having been earned in 46% of their matches. They are a really tough and well-organised side and they are on a four-match winning streak at home as well in all competitions going into this one. They haven’t been particularly prolific across the course of the season but they have scored in each of their last five home games and have returned nine in their last four at the Ricoh. Coventry are a quote of 4/1 for a clean sheet with Paddy Power but it really is worth considering them in a Double Chance for 23/20. The Sky Blues have lost just one of their last nine home fixtures with a clean sheet in four of those.
Much has been made of the problems that Stoke are having this season. Their fans are frustrated and after losing 1-0 at home against a struggling Newcastle side on New Year’s Day in the Premier League, the club are considering the future of boss Mark Hughes. Stoke have lost five of their last seven games played now (W1 D1) and their away form won’t inspire confidence. The Potters are W1 D3 L8 this season away from the bet365 Stadium and they have already been ditched out of the EFL Cup this term on their travels, going down at Championship side Bristol City. They have so many defensive problems that they are going to be at risk in this one, but they are a Premier League side taking on a League Two opponent and both teams to score at Paddy Power is a 10/11 poke. The Potter’s have failed to score in two for their last three road games, so will they be able to get the better of a good, organised Coventry defence? This is definitely a potential banana skin for them.
Who will win – Coventry v Stoke FA Cup Predictions
Coventry have to be value to get a draw out of this one on home soil against the stuttering Stroke, at least. The Sky Blues are no pushover and are really well organized defensively. A Double Chance on the home side is worth considering.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Coventry, Coventry FA Cup, Coventry v Stoke, FA Cup, FA Cup odds, Stoke, Stoke FA Cup