Connah’s Quay v Partizan Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th July 201923rd July 2019 / lee
Connah’s Quay v Partizan Belgrade Europa League Preview, 25th July 6.30pm
Connah’s Quay defied all the odds against them in the first qualifying round of the Europa League. They lost the first leg of their tie against Scottish side Kilmarnock but managed to turn things on its head. Partizan makes a return to European action after bowing out in last season’s qualifying playoffs.
Connah’s Quay v Partizan Belgrade Betting Odds*
Partizan Belgrade 1/4
Connah’s Quay 8/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 21st, 2019 at 10:19 p.m.)
Connah’s Quay News and Form
Welsh side Connah’s Quay lost the first leg of their first qualifying round tie against Kilmarnock at home 2-1. The late gift of a goal they go though turned out to be crucial. At the time it seemed to be nothing more than a consolation as they had to head up to McDiarmid Park for the second leg. But there was a twist in the tale. The Welsh side levelled up the tie just after the half time break in the second leg, and the more nervous that Kilmanrock got, the better the Nomads got. A penalty in the 79th minute, which saw Killie’s Stuart Findlay get sent off, sealed the game 2-0 for Connah’s Quay.
They saw the game out despite going down to ten men themselves five minutes from time. This is only their fourth European campaign. Only their first ever, in the 2016/17 European League qualifiers, saw them win a tie previous to this success over Kilmarnock. Their overall record in Europe now reads W3 D1 L6 from ten. Two of those three wins have been away from home. Interestingly have met Serbian opposition before. They were beaten in that 2016/17 second qualification round by Vojvodina 3-1 on aggregate.
Connah’s Quay v Partizan Belgrade Head to Head
Partizan Belgrade News and Form
This is the entry point in the qualifiers for Partizan. Last season they started in the first qualifying round and made it all the way through to the playoffs, where they lost against Besiktas. The new season of the Serbian top-flight has just gotten underway and on the weekend, Partizan opened with a 1-0 win in their first game of the season. That will have been a good workout for them ahead of this trip to Wales.
Partition have lost just one of their last eight European games now, winning five of those. That was from last season’s qualification campaign. The loss was out on the road, a 3-0 reverse against Besiktas in the playoff round. If you look back a little further it is just two defeats in their last fourteen European fixtures. They will be expected to open up a good lead in this tie, but they will be facing a pretty plucky underdog.
Connah’s Quay v Partizan Belgrade Tips & Odds
Who will win – Connah’s Quay v Partizan Belgrade Predictions
We would have to stick with the away side getting a first-leg win on the board. Kilmarnock won at the Nomads in the last round and the Serbians have good enough European form behind them to suggest that they are going to do the same.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Eibar v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leeds v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayer Leverkusen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Stoke v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Blackburn v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
Tags: Connah's Quay v Partizan Belgrade, Connahs Quay, Connahs Quay Europa League, Europa League, Europa League odds, Partizan Belgrade, Partizan Belgrade Europa League