Colombia v Qatar Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th June 201918th June 2019 / lee
Colombia v Qatar Copa America Preview, 19th June 22.30pm
Colombia were the first to make a big statement in the Copa America 2019. They went out and beat Lionel Messi’s Argentina in their opening group game. So that is a huge advantage to them in the pursuit of top spot. They will be looking to power their way to three points against Qatar, who managed to grab a point against Paraguay in their opening game. Read our Colombia v Qatar betting tips for more.
Colombia v Qatar Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 17th, 2019 at 5:02 p.m.)
Colombia News and Form
Colombia were second best for a lot of their opening game against Argentina, but then they struck with a couple of goals in the final twenty minutes to get themselves a big win. That will have put some serious wind in their sails. It was Roger Martinez who opened the scoring for them before Atalanta’s Duvan Zapata who put the game to bed four minutes from time. That is back to back games with a goal for his country now from Zapata.
So the win over Argentina will heap tremendous expectancy on the Colombians to go out and follow up with a win over Qatar. The win over Argentina was Colombia’s fourth win in a row with a clean sheet. They are W7 D1 L1 in their last nine games played. So they have good form behind them now. Colombia have scored at least two goals in each of their last three games. With their hardest game of the group successfully out of the way, it will be interesting to see their mentality in being able to build upon that success.
Colombia v Qatar Head to Head
This will be the first competitive meeting between the two teams
Qatar News and Form
Qatar are the AFC Asian Cup champions and they got an invite to the Copa America this year. As expected, because of good form that they had been showing, they managed to avoid defeat in their opening game against Paraguay. That ended in an exciting 2-2 draw with Paraguay who have been badly out of form. Qatar have lost just one of their last nine games now after having won all seven of their fixtures at the AFC Asian Cup 2019, conceding just one goal in that entire campaign.
They actually dominated possession against Paraguay and after conceding the opening goal in the fourth minute from the penalty spot and then falling 2-0 behind after half time, Qatar showed some tremendous character in coming back. With both Colombia and a wounded Argentina (who lost to Colombia in their opener) to come, this is a tough group for Qatar of course. While they aren’t going to be expected to pull out a shock win in this one, it will be interesting to see how they stand up against a stronger team.
Colombia v Qatar Tips & Odds
Who will win – Colombia v Qatar Predictions
Qatar will be delighted with their point, but this is a much more difficult opponent that they are facing. Colombia will be geed up after their win over Argentina and they are likely to get plenty of the ball in the middle of the park and dominate from there. Colombia to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sevilla v Levante Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- AC Milan v Lecce Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Sheffield United v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st October 2019
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Colombia, Colombia Copa America, Colombia v Qatar, copa america, Copa America odds, qatar, Qatar Copa America