Chelsea v Slavia Prague Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th April 201916th April 2019 / lee
Chelsea v Slavia Prague UEFA Europa League Preview, 18th April 8.05pm
Chelsea didn’t have a comfortable night away from home in the first leg, but they managed to get away with a 1-0 win. That sets them up nicely on home soil to drive on and put this tie in the book. But Slavia Prague will have plenty of belief about them after a spirited effort in that first leg. Read our Chelsea v Slavia Prague betting tips for more.
Chelsea v Slavia Prague Betting Odds*
Slavia Prague 15/2
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on April 13th, 2019 at 5:02 p.m.)
Chelsea News and Form
Chelsea have the advantage in the tie thanks to a Marcos Alonso goal. Their 1-0 success in the Czech Republic moved them onto a 14 match undefeated streak of form in the tournament. That’s just one from equalling Atletico Madrid’s record in the competition. The Blues have now won ten of their 11 matches in the UEFA Nations League this term. The first leg in this tie was the first time that the Blues had met Slavia Prague and they were given a stern test.
The Blues are undefeated in seven games against opposition from the Czech Republic now but are just W1 D2 in their three previous such home games. Across their eleven games in this season’s Europa League, Chelsea have conceded in just three of them. The Blues have never lost at home in the Europa League and they have never exited Europe after having won the first leg of a tie away from home (11 occasions). This is their first home game against a team from the Czech Republic since a duel with Sparta Praha in the 2013/13 Europa League round of 32.
Slavia Prague News and Form
This is the furthest that Slavia Prague have been in European competition before, having gotten out of the group stage in the Europa League for the first time. They qualified as runners up behind Zenit. They then knocked out Genk in the second round before pulling out a surprise upset in getting the better of Spanish side Sevilla with a 4-3 aggregate win. In that tie, they had battled to a good 2-2 on the road.
Their away form doesn’t make for good reading in Europe. They have won just three of their last 27 road games in European fixtures (D10 L14). Of their six away games so far in Europe this season, they have failed to score in three of them, each of those three games ending in defeat. Slavia have lost all six UEFA competition ties in which they were defeated at home in the first leg. They have won just one of their ten UEFA fixtures against English opposition and have lost their three previous two-legged ties against English clubs in Europe.
Who will win – Chelsea v Slavia Prague Predictions
Chelsea were under a bit of pressure in the first leg but still got the job done. It could be a little less stressful for them back at the Bridge for the second leg. They should be in control of this and Chelsea to win to nil at evens is a decent proposition* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on April 13th, 2019 at 5:02 p.m.).
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Norway Women v England Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 27th June 2019
- Netherlands Women v Japan Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Italy Women v China Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Croatia U21 v England U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- France U21 v Romania U21 Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Chile v Uruguay Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Ecuador v Japan Prediction & Betting Tips, 25th June 2019
- Sweden Women v Canada Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
- Spain Women v USA Women Prediction & Betting Tips, 24th June 2019
Tags: Chelsea, Chelsea UEFA Europa League, Chelsea v Slavia Prague, Slavia Prague, Slavia Prague UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League Odds