Chelsea v Ajax Prediction & Betting Tips, 5th November 20194th November 2019 / lee
Chelsea v Ajax Champions League Preview, 5th November 8.00pm
Chelsea gave themselves a huge boost in the last round of action by taking an away victory at Ajax. if they can double up on that, then they will be fully in control of things. But they will know that a slip up could see them back under pressure in what is a three-horse race for the top two spots. Read our Chelsea v Ajax betting tips for more.
Chelsea v Ajax Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on November 4th, 2019 at 6:53 p.m.)
Chelsea News and Form
The Blues did very well to take 1-0 win in Amsterdam which left them level on points with Ajax in the group. Substitute Michy Batshuayi got their goal four minutes from time, giving the Blues back to back away wins. In their one home game in the group so far, Chelsea lost against Valencia, which was their first European home loss in 12 fixtures (W7 D4).
Chelsea have scored at least three goals in five of their last 11 European matches and they are on a great run of form. The Blues have won eight of their last nine games in all competitions. They have struggled a little for home form however, winning just three of eight home fixtures in all competitions (D2 L3). After their win in Amsterdam on Matchday Three, Chelsea have won all three previous games against Dutch opposition.
Chelsea v Ajax Head to Head
The meeting on Matchday Three was the first meeting between the two clubs
Ajax News and Form
Ajax had come out of the gates firing with back to back high-scoring victories over Valencia and Lille. So their home stumble against the Blues was a little bit of an upset. Both wins that the Dutch side have taken in the group were by a 3-0 scoreline. This season’s Champions League campaign for Ajax started in the third qualifying round. Out on the road they drew at PAOK and APOEL in the qualifying rounds.
But they then thumped Valencia 3-0 in Spain on Matchday Two to pick up their road form. Ajax are currently on a three-match unbeaten streak of form in England, their most recent visit happening on a trip to Spurs last season in the semi-final, which Ajax won 1-0. Ajax are W2 D3 L1 in their last six visits to England. Overall from their 12 previous games in England, Ajax are only W3 D5 L4. They have taken a W2 D2 L1 in London specifically.
Chelsea v Ajax Tips & Odds
Who will win – Chelsea v Ajax Predictions
The Blues are a confident bunch at the moment and they seem to get themselves up and running in games quickly. Having won in Amsterdam already this season in the group stage, the Blues won’t be fearing their opponents, even though they are still a threat. Home win & both teams to score.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Austria vs North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Northern Ireland vs Netherlands Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Russia vs Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Germany vs Belarus Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Israel vs Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Croatia vs Slovakia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Czech Republic vs Kosovo Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 2019
Tags: Ajax, Ajax Champions League, Champions League, Champions League odds, Chelsea, Chelsea Champions League, Chelsea v Ajax