Charlton vs Preston Prediction & Betting Tips, 3rd November 201931st October 2019 / lee
Charlton vs Preston Championship Preview, 3rd November Noon
Preston are one of the surprise packages in the Championship this season, holding down second place after last weekend’s round of action. They have only taken the two wins in their last six, however. Charlton are sticking inside the top ten, but the Addicks are in patchy form at the moment. Read our Charlton vs Preston betting tips for more.
Charlton vs Preston Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on October 30th, 2019 at 2:12 p.m.)
Charlton News and Form
Charlton picked up a good point against leaders West Brom last weekend. That was a spirited 2-2 draw which the Addicks took. Their home form in the Championship reads W4 D1 L2 this season and they have won two of their last three at the Valley Parade. The defence of Charlton at home has been good, conceding just five goals in their seven played. They have taken a clean sheet in three of their seven.
Three of the four wins at home which Charlton have taken have been with a clean sheet. The half time record for Charlton in their home games is W4 D3 L0. The Addicks are currently on a six-match scoring streak in the league and each of their last five have gone over 2.5 goals. They have opened the scoring in 10 of their 14 league outings in this campaign.
Charlton vs Preston Head to Head
The last meetings were in the 2015/16 Championship
Preston won both league meetings that season
Each of the last four meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Charlton have won one of the last seven league meetings with Preston
Preston News and Form
The Lilywhites claimed a 3-2 home win over Blackburn last weekend which keeps them going strong near the top of the table. Most of their success, it has to be noted, has come on home soil this season. Preston are only W1 D2 L3 out on their travels and they have lost one of their last four on their travels. That defeat came in their last away game, a 1-0 loss at Reading.
It is only the five goals that Preston have scored away from home this season, and four of those have been in the second half of fixtures. But they haven’t been all that bad at the back, conceding just 7 in 6. That having been said, home and away Preston haven’t taken a clean sheet in six. Just 17% of Preston’s away games have gone over 2.5 goals. All three of the league defeats that they have suffered on the road have been by a margin of just one goal.
Charlton vs Preston Tips & Odds
Who will win – Charlton vs Preston Predictions
The Addicks are a difficult side to face on home soil, but Preston have some serious steel and grit about them and they aren’t going to be easily broken. It is in the goalscoring department that Preston have a clear edge over Charlton. Away win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Austria vs North Macedonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Northern Ireland vs Netherlands Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Cyprus vs Scotland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Azerbaijan vs Wales Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Russia vs Belgium Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Germany vs Belarus Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Israel vs Poland Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Croatia vs Slovakia Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th November 2019
- Czech Republic vs Kosovo Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th November 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Charlton, Charlton Championship, Charlton vs Preston, Preston, Preston Championship