Charlton v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 2nd October 201930th September 2019 / lee
Charlton v Swansea Championship Preview, 2nd October 7.45pm
Charlton snapped out of their losing streak with impressive style on the weekend as they took a surprise victory over Leeds. Will they be able to build another good undefeated streak of form as they did at the start of the season? Swansea are looking to snap a three-match winless streak. Read our Charlton v Swansea betting tips for more.
Charlton v Swansea Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 29th, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.)
Charlton News and Form
The Addicks went undefeated in their first six games of the season but then appeared to hit a bit of wall with back to back defeats against Wigan and Birmingham in which they failed to score. So for them to turn around at the Valley on the weekend and beat Leeds 1-0 was impressive. Leeds had won their opening four away games of this season campaign. So that is the Addicks back into winning ways.
It moved their home form on to W3 D1 L1 this season. Four of the five league wins that Charlton have recorded in the Championship this season have been by a one-goal margin. They have managed to open the scoring in six of their nine games. They have done so in four of their five home fixtures. Preston are the only team who have earned more home points in the Championship this season than Charlton.
Charlton v Swansea Head to Head
This is the first meeting since the 2008/09 Championship season
Charlton have four points from the two previous Championship meetings
There was a 2-0 home success for Charlton in their previous home Championship game against the Swans
Swansea News and Form
Swansea moved on to a three-match winless streak of form after a 1-1 draw at home against Reading on the weekend. The Swans are D2 L1 in their last three and have produced just the one goal in that sequence. Overall on their Championship travels this season, the Welsh club have remained unbeaten at W2 D2.
Their defensive record needs to be noted as they have conceded just one goal away from the Liberty Stadium this season. They have averaged exactly one goal per game themselves on their travels. Swansea holds a half time away record of W1 D3 this season and this is likely to be tight. Of their goals this season home and away, 10 of their 13 have been scored in the second half of fixtures.
Charlton v Swansea Tips & Odds
Who will win – Chalrton v Swansea Predictions
A tight game to call after Charlton’s success over Leeds. Will they be able to break down the fantastic defence of Swansea? That’s the big question in this one. We are going to suggest no, not enough to get a win. Draw.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Charlton, Charlton Championship, Charlton v Swansea, Swansea, Swansea Championship