Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 201919th August 2019 / lee
Charlton v Nottingham Forest Championship Preview, 21st August 7.45pm
Charlton are in a bit of dreamland at the moment. After earning promotion up to the second tier last season, they have taken seven points from their three Championship games. They get back to the comforts of home soil on Wednesday as they welcome Forest. The Tricky Trees got their first win of the season on the weekend. Read our Charlton v Nottingham Forest betting tips for more.
Charlton v Nottingham Forest Betting Odds*
Nottingham Forest 7/4
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 19th, 2019 at 5:22 p.m.)
Charlton News and Form
It would seem that the Addicks are having no problems on their step up to the second tier. They have a little bit of early momentum going for them with seven points from three plays. Charlton took back to back wins to open the season with before finding themselves held to a 2-2 draw at Barnsley on the weekend.
The Addicks rescued a point with an 89th-minute penalty. So that is all three of their games have gone over 2.5 goals this season, they have been involved in some entertaining games. They will be slightly worried about the lack of clean sheets thus far. Lyle Taylor has a goal in each of their three games this season, while Conor Gallagher has just chipped in with two in two.
Charlton v Nottingham Forest Head to Head
This is the first meeting since the 2015/16 Championship
Four of the last six meetings have been drawn
Charlton are undefeated in six against Forest
Six of the last seven meetings have ended under 2.5 goals
Nottingham Forest News and Form
Forest chalked up their first win of the season on the weekend with a 3-0 home success over Birmingham. That leaves them on four points following a good point out at promotion favourites Leeds in their previous game. Forest have scored in all three fixtures played so far. Lewis Grabban has scored a goal in each of Forest’s last two games now.
Nottingham Forest had a season to forget out on their travels in the Championship in the last campaign, posting a W4 D11 L8 record only. They lost four of their last six away games (W1 D1). The positive that they can take forward with them into this one is that they got a very good point at Leeds in their one away game this season. Can they dig in at the Valley?
Charlton v Nottingham Forest Tips & Odds
Who will win – Charlton v Nottingham Forest Predictions
Just because the newly promoted Charlton have a bit of wind in their sails, we are going to predict that they come out on top in this clash. The defence of the Addicks still has a lot of questions to answer, so Forest can threaten. But it is the home win in a game over 2.5 goals that look a pretty decent fit.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Charlton, Charlton Championship, Charlton v Nottingham Forest, Nottingham Forest, Nottingham Forest Championship