Charlton v Leeds Prediction & Betting Tips, 28th September 201927th September 2019 / lee
Charlton v Leeds Championship Preview, 28th September 3.00pm
The newly-promoted Charlton have had their bubble burst a little bit. After going unbeaten through their first six games of the campaign, they have now lost back to back fixtures. So the pressure is building on them. This is no easy game in which to recover ground either as they are facing the league leaders. Read our Charlton v Leeds betting tips for more.
Charlton v Leeds Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 25th, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.)
Charlton News and Form
This was always going to be a tough situation for the Addicks. Their brilliant six-match undefeated streak of form from the start of the season was spectacular (W4 D2). But now that has been snapped, now the momentum has been lost, how do they recover? They have lost their last two games, defeats against Birmingham and Wigan, without hitting the back of the net. The home record of the Addicks in the Championship now reads W2 D1 L1. Will they be able to snap out of this slump?
They have only conceded three goals in their four home games, which is very good for a newly promoted team. They have yet to be trailing at the halftime break in a home fixture as well. Just one of Charlton’s four home games this season have gone over 2.5 goals. There has been a recent trend with them of opening the scoring in matches, Charlton having done so in five of their eight played. Top scorer for Charlton this season is Lyle Taylor with five.
Charlton v Leeds Head to Head
Charlton and Leeds last met in the 2015/16 Championship
Leeds are winless in five games against the Addicks
Both teams have scored in six of the last eight meetings
Charlton are W2 D1 L1 in previous Championship home games against Leeds
Leeds News and Form
Leeds are playing their role as one of the strongest sides in the Championship. They are top of the pile heading into the weekend and took a 1-1 draw against Derby in their last league fixture. Overall in this campaign, Leeds are W5 D2 L1 and their away form is not to be messed with. Leeds have a 100% win record out on the road this season and that’s just the half of it. They have conceded only one goal away from home, none in their last three away from Elland Road.
Leeds have also scored at least two goals in all four of their road games as well. It’s a total of 10 away goals from the Whites this season. They have been leading at the halftime break in three of their four road games. Of their 10 away goals scored, seven of them have been in the second half of fixtures. It has been mightily impressive stuff from Marcelo Bielsa’s men. Leeds have opened the scoring in all but one of their league fixtures this season.
Charlton v Leeds Tips & Odds
Who will win – Charlton v Leeds Predictions
Leeds would have the edge in this one. They have been perfect on the road so far and with Charlton just hitting a bit of a wall after their positive start, the smart money should be on the away win in this one. Leeds to win to nil
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Sassuolo v Inter Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Hoffenheim v Schalke Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Manchester United v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th October 2019
- Wolves v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Bournemouth v Norwich Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Aston Villa v Brighton Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Crystal Palace v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Tottenham v Watford Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leicester v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
Tags: Championship, Championship odds, Charlton, Charlton Championship, Charlton v Leeds, Leeds, Leeds Championship