Charlton v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th September 201911th September 2019 / lee
Charlton v Birmingham Championship Preview, 13th September 3.00pm
Charlton are defying all odds after their promotion to the second tier at the end of last season. Remarkably they remain undefeated and sitting second in the table as the action in the Championship resumes. Can they keep their wonderful form going as they play host to Birmingham, who have yet to nail any consistency? Read our Charlton v Birmingham betting tips for more.
Charlton v Birmingham Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 10th, 2019 at 12:31 p.m.)
Charlton News and Form
What a start from Charlton back up in the Championship. They have earned themselves a W4 D2 record in their six games so far. They won their two games played before the international break, both clean-sheet victories as well over Brentford and Reading. On home soil at the Valley this season, Charlton are W2 D1, the victories coming over Stoke and the aforementioned Brentford. Can the Addicks keep this fantastic momentum going after the break? Can they pick up where they left off?
It is an eighteen match undefeated streak of league home form that Charlton are on, taking into consideration their successful League One campaign from the last term. It means that the Valley is no easy place for visitors. Charlton’s top scorer for this campaign is Lyle Taylor with five goals, with two of those coming from the penalty spot. A little trend in Charlton’s league home games this season is that they have been leading at the half time break in two of their three home fixtures.
Charlton v Birmigham Head to Head
Charlton will meet Birmingham for the first time since the 2015/16 Championship
The Addicks have won the last two meetings against Birmingham by a one-goal margin
Both teams have scored in just one of the last nine meetings
Birmingham have won only one of their last seven visits to the Valley
Birmingham News and Form
The Blues have taken a W3 D1 L2 record from their Championship campaign this season. Looking a little deeper though, it is their home form which has been serving them well. They did open with a victory at Brentford in their first away game of the season. But then they followed that up with back to back 3-0 losses at Nottingham Forest and then Swansea. So that massive drop in away form will be of huge concern for them.
Of the six goals which they have shipped away from St Andrews, four of them have been in the second half of matches. Looking back last season as well, Birmingham have now lost five of their last eight Championship away games. It is something which they are going to have to sort out. Their top scorer for the season is Lukas Jutkiewicz with three goals. Both of his goals came at home though. It was Kristian Pederson who got their only away goal of this campaign so far.
Charlton v Birmingham Tips & Odds
Who will win – Charlton v Birmingham Predictions
Charlton are writing a remarkable story for themselves at the moment and deserve a lot of credit for having made the transition up a tier so well. They should have nothing to fear from Birmingham who haven’t been very stable on their travels. Home win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Birmingham, Birmingham Championship, Championship, Championship odds, Charlton, Charlton Championship, Charlton v Birmingham