CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th August 201919th August 2019 / lee
CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague Champions League Preview, 20th August 8.00pm
Romanian side Cluj are already well into their season and that could help them in this challenge of getting to the group stage of the Champions League. They pulled off something of an upset in the last round by knocking out Celtic. Slavia Prague are coming in at this playoff stage. Read our CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague betting tips for more.
CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague Betting Odds*
Slavia Prague 13/8
CFR Cluj 13/8
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 at 4:16 p.m.)
CFR Cluj News and Form
CFR’s record against Czech teams is W2 L2 and it has been a challenging campaign for them so far in this season’s Champions League. They have gotten past Astana, Maccabi Tel-Aviv and Celtic. They lost their away leg against Astana but recovered back at home. Then they just edged Maccabi Tel Aviv 3-2 on aggregate after a tense 2-2 second leg away draw. But Cluj did compose themselves pretty well to get past Celtic.
After a 1-1 home draw in the first leg, they looked in trouble. But they took their chances superbly at Celtic Park to get a 4-3 win there against the Scottish Championship. That is just one clean sheet in six European games from them this season though. In all competitions, this season Cluj are W7 D4 L2. They are unbeaten at W4 D2 at home. CFR Cluj have scored one goal exactly in four of their six home fixtures this season.
CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague Head to Head
This tie is the first meeting between the two clubs
Slavia Prague News and Form
Czech champions Slavia Prague are stepping out into action here in the Champions League for the first time this season. They have gotten some domestic action under their belt, so shouldn’t be rusty or anything. They are W5 D1 in their six league games played this season and they have only conceded one goal in that sequence of games. Slavia Prague are undefeated in six previous games against Romanian Clubs (W2 D4).
It was 12 years ago that Slavia Prague made their sole appearance in the group stage of the Champions League. Last season they fell in the Champions League third qualifying round and then made it to the Europa League group stage, going on to make a run to the quarter-finals where they were stopped by Chelsea. Slavia Prague has claimed just one win in their last 15 UEFA Champions League matches (D7 L7).
CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague Tips & Odds
Who will win – CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague Predictions
This has the look of being a tight fight all the way. There is no clear front runner in this tie and we expect a low-scoring, tense first encounter. We are just going to lean towards the draw on the night.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: CFR Cluj, CFR Cluj Champions League, CFR Cluj v Slavia Prague, Champions League, Champions League odds, Slavia Prague, Slavia Prague Champions League