CFR Cluj v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 7th August 20195th August 2019 / lee
CFR Cluj v Celtic Champions League Preview, 7th August 7.00pm
Romania’s CFR Cluj is the next opponent that Celtic have to try and get through on their road to the Champions League group stage. This will be the first meeting between the two clubs, both starting in the first qualifying round. The bookmakers are expecting a tight first leg here looking at the odds presented for the match. Read our CFR Cluj v Celtic betting tips for more.
CFR Cluj v Celtic Betting Odds*
CFC Cluj 9/5
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 5th, 2019 at 10:15 p.m.)
CFR Cluj News and Form
Cluj opened their qualification campaign this season with a tie against Astana. They managed to overturn a 1-0 first-leg deficit to post a 3-2 aggregate success. So that was a struggle for them. It wasn’t a great deal easier for them in the second qualifying round either against Maccabi Tel Aviv. Cluj battled through to a 3-2 aggregate success.
Given their struggles on the road so far this season in the qualifiers, they are going to want to bank a strong home performance here. They are W3 D1 in their last four European home fixtures so they do have that going for them. Only two of their last seven UEFA Champions League matches have gone over the 2.5 goal line.
It feels like a long time since they were playing Manchester United in the group stage of the 2011/12 edition. They are four games into the new Liga 1 season and Club have a W3 D1 record from that.
CFR Cluj v Celtic Head to Head
The two teams will be meeting for the first time
Celtic News and Form
So it’s a road trip up for Celtic first in this tie. They have been untroubled so far on their journey through the first qualifying rounds, giving up just one goal in their four games. They opened with a 5-2 aggregate win over Sarajevo. Then it was a comfortable 7-0 aggregate success over Nomme Kalju that the Scottish Champions earned. So it’s been plain sailing.
Given that they opened their new domestic season on the weekend with a crushing 7-0 win over St Johnstone, it’s far to say Celtic have opened the new season well. It is perhaps just the away form of Celtic that is worth a look. They have won both road games this season (by a two-goal margin) but overall they are W4 D1 L4 in their last nine European road games. Ryan Christie got a hattrick on the weekend taking his tally to five in five games this season.
CFR Cluj v Celtic Tips & Odds
Who will win – CFR Cluj v Celtic Predictions
Celtic do have the goals in them to get through this tie. This will be the toughest test which they have faced so far this season though and it does look to be a tricky away game. But we would back the Scottish champions to handle themselves and get a win, especially at the match outright price.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Fulham v Millwall Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- QPR v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Leeds v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
- Legia Warsaw v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic Champions League, CFR Cluj, CFR Cluj Champions League, CFR Cluj v Celtic, Champions League, Champions League odds