Celtic v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th February 201912th February 2019 / lee
Celtic v Valencia Europa League Preview, 14th February 8.00pm
Can Celtic give themselves a good leg-up in this tie at Celtic Park? It could be crucial for their chances of making it through. The Spaniards beat Celtic back in the 2001/02 UEFA Cup and could prove a stubborn opponent for Scottish champions once again. Read our Celtic v Valencia betting tips for more.
Celtic v Valencia Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
Celtic v Valencia Preview
Celtic did not have an easy time of things in the group stage. They only made it through to the knockout phase thanks to a helping hand from Rosenborg on matchday six. Celtic had lost at home against Salzburg on matchday six, but Rosenborg’s draw put the Scottish champions through. Celtic have only met Valencia once before which was in the 2001/02 UEFA Cup which Celtic lost on penalties at home in. Celtic don’t have a great record against Spanish sides winning only seven of 30 previous matches. Their home record against Spanish sides is W7 D2 L6. Celtic have lost five of their last eight home games against Spanish opposition. This is Celtic’s third appearance at this stage and only the second time from five attempts they have gotten out of the group stage. They were though on a good seven-match undefeated streak of European home form before losing against Salzburg on matchday six.
Valencia failed to make progress from their group in the Champions League, missing out to Juventus and Manchester United. The Spaniards did get four points out of their two games against Manchester United though, helping them to a W2 D2 L2 record in the group. The Spaniards have a perfect record from five previous round of 32 ties in the Europa League. They are undefeated in their last seven fixtures at this stage of the competition and not only that, and Valencia banked a clean sheet in each of those matches. But still, they haven’t done a lot of winning on their travels, getting just two in their last eleven on the road in Europe (L7). Incidentally, Valencia have drawn more league games in La Liga (13) than any other team have this season.
Who will win – Celtic v Valencia Predictions
This has the look of a draw about it. Valencia appear to be a tough side to break down but they are strong favourites for this tie. So we are going to stick with the Spaniards avoiding defeat at Celtic Park. Outright draw at 12/5 odds* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on February 11th, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.)
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Atletico Madrid v Getafe Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Wolves v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th August 2019
- Sheffield United v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Chelsea v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Reading v Cardiff Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th August 2019
- Athletic Bilbao v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 2019
- Sunderland v Portsmouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
- Southampton v Liverpool Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th August 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic europa league, Celtic v Valencia, Europa League, Europa League odds, Valencia, Valencia Europa League