Celtic v Sarajevo Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th July 201916th July 2019 / lee
Celtic v Sarajevo Champions League Preview, 17th July 7.45pm
Scottish Champions Celtic have a strong advantage in this first qualifying round tie in the UEFA Champions League. They returned from Bosnia with a 3-1 lead in the tie and now with home advantage coming up, they will be expected to close out the job pretty comfortably. Read our Celtic v Sarajevo betting tips for more.
Celtic v Sarajevo Betting Odds*
FK Sarajevo 16/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 15th, 2019 at 7:16 p.m.)
Celtic News and Form
Celtic are undefeated in 13 home UEFA qualifiers so that is a positive start to kick things off with for them. In that spell, they are W11 D3 in such fixtures at Celtic Park. The Hoops did concede the first goal of the first leg of this tie but fought their way back to rack up the away goals in a 3-1 win. Celtic responded with goals from Michael Johnston, Odsonne Edouard and Scott Sinclar, who put the icing on the cake five minutes from time. Celtic handled themselves pretty well in what was an intimidating atmosphere. Falling behind looked to actually help them settle into their groove a bit. In last year’s first qualifying round Celtic collected a 6-0 aggregate win over FC Alashkert. They went on to bow out in the third qualifying round to AEK Athens.
Celtic v Sarajevo Head to Head
The first leg of this tie was the first meeting between the two clubs
Sarajevo News and Form
Sarajevo will have been pretty happy with their start in the first fifteen minutes of the match. That was when they were at their best, but when they conceded the equaliser it was when the tide turned. They simply sat back and looked to play on the counter-attack. This is their first appearance in the qualifying rounds of the Champions League since 2015 when they lost in the second qualifying round against Lech Poznan 3-0 on aggregate. Last season they started their European campaign in the first qualifying round of the Europa League. They beat Banants but then in the second qualifying road they lost 10-2 on aggregate against Atalanta. The loser of the tie will go to the Europa League third qualifying round. No Bosnian side have ever managed to reach the group stage of a UEFA competition.
Celtic v Sarajevo Tips & Odds
Who will win – Celtic v Sarajevo Predictions
Celtic were comfortable in the end in the first leg and this as a contest should be pretty much over. Sarajevo were not a threat after the first fifteen minutes of the match and it should get a bit more difficult for them in Glasgow. Celtic to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Eibar v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leeds v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayer Leverkusen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Stoke v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Blackburn v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic Champions League, Celtic v Sarajevo, Champions League, Champions League odds, Sarajevo, Sarajevo Champions League