Celtic v Rosenborg Prediction & Betting Tips – 20th September 201818th September 2018 / lee
Celtic v Rosenborg UEFA Europa League, 20th September 7.55pm
Celtic missed the boat in failing to get through to the UEFA Champions League group stage so they have to settle for this. They will be meeting Rosenborg for the second time this season as they have already beaten them during the qualification rounds in the Champions League. Celtic will be hoping for more of the same. Read our Celtic v Rosenborg betting tips for more.
Celtic v Rosenborg Betting Odds
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on September 17th, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.)
Celtic News and Form
Celtic have had a long season already having started early in the Champions League qualifiers. They have been a little bit hit and miss but are now on a six-match undefeated streak of form. They have only scored the two goals in their last three league games in total now after being held to a 0-0 draw at St Mirren on the weekend. With them just struggling a bit in front of goal we are looking at under 2.5 goals at bet365 for 21/20 odds* (Betting Odds were taken on September 17th, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.)
Celtic got past FK Suduva in the playoff round of the Europa League by a 4-1 aggregate. They have scored just the one goal in three of their last four games at Celtic Park in all competitions. In the correct score market a Celtic 1-0 option appeals for our Celtic v Rosenborg predictions at 11/2 odds* (Betting Odds were taken on September 17th, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.). They have not conceded a goal in any of their last three on home soil. So they could be value to collect a clean sheet in this game as well.
Rosenborg News and Form
Rosenborg are about halfway through their season and they have hit a strong seven-match winning streak. They have been scoring well with at least two goals netted in all but one of those games as well. But they couldn’t handle the quality of Celtic when they met earlier in the Champions League qualifiers, losing 3-1 at Celtic Park and then playing out a 0-0 draw back on home soil.
Both teams not to score is at 4/5 odds* (Betting Odds were taken on September 17th, 2018 at 2:12 p.m.) as they meet up again. In this rematch the Norwegian outfit can be expected to come up short again in their duel with the Scottish champions.
Celtic v Rosenborg Head to Head
Celtic took a convincing 3-1 home win over Rosenborg when they met in the Champions League qualifiers at Celtic Park in the summer. Celtic dominate the head to head against Rosenborg as their record is W5 D2 L1. Celtic have won three of their four previous home games (D1) against them. Five of the last six between them have gone under 2.5 goals.
Who will win – Celtic v Rosenborg Predictions
We have seen Celtic take a good home win over Rosenborg already this season and even though since then Celtic’s performance levels have dropped, we are backing another home win. We are going to support a Celtic to win & over 2.5 goals in our Celtic v Rosenborg betting tips.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Nürnberg v Borussia Dortmund Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Huesca v Athletic Bilbao Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Doncaster v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Swansea v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Blackburn v Middlesbrough Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Bristol City v Wolves Prediction & Betting Tips, 17th February 2019
- Chelsea v Manchester United Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th February 2019
- Wigan Warriors v Sydney Roosters Winner Odds & Preview
- Sheffield United v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th February 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic UEFA Europa League, Celtic v Rosenborg, Rosenborg, Rosenborg UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League, UEFA Europa League Odds