Celtic v CFR Cluj Prediction & Betting Tips, 13th August 201913th August 2019 / lee
Celtic v CFR Cluj Champions League Preview, 13th August 7.45pm
The tie is balanced after a 1-1 draw in the first leg. But still now with the rreturn leg on home soil, Celtic are the overwhelming favourites to get through. An away goal from the trip to Romania put them in a decent place. The winner of this tie will move on to face Slavia Prague in the playoff round. Read our Celtic v CFR Cluj betting tips for more.
Celtic v CFR Cluj Betting Odds*
CFC Cluj 11/2
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 12th, 2019 at 1:14 p.m.)
Celtic News and Form
Celtic have been well among the goals this season. Across all competitions, they have posted a W6 D1 record from seven played, the draw coming in the first leg of this tie. That is the only game they have played this season too, in which they have not scored at least two goals. Celtic rattled off a 5-2 win at Motherwell in the Scottish top flight on the weekend, making it twelve goals in two games in their title defence on the domestic front so far.
In Europe they started with a 5-2 aggregate win over Sarajevo, before banking a 7-0 aggregate success over Nomme Kalju. After their 1-1 draw in Romania, Celtic are now W5 D3 L1 in their last nine UEFA Champions League games, the draw against Cluj snapping a four-match winning streak. Celtic are also W4 D1 in their last five European games on home soil, scoring at least two goals in each of the wins in that sequence.
Celtic v CFR Cluj Head to Head
The first leg of this tie was the first competitive meeting between the two clubs
CFR Cluj News and Form
Cluj will probably be pretty happy with their work on home soil in not getting beaten by Celtic. They should be fully aware that they are up against it now in Glasgow. CFR Cluj started their European campaign this season in the first qualification round, taking a 3-2 aggregate success over Astana after having lost the first leg away from home 1-0. Then they claimed another 3-2 aggregate success when they took on Maccabi Tel Aviv in the second qualification round.
The Romanians have won just one of their last five Champions League away games now (D3 L1) which actually isn’t all that bad. Their loss at Astana in this season’s campaign is their only road defeat in their last eight away games in the Champions League. They are not going to pose a massive threat to Celtic at Parkhead, but they may put up some early stubborn resistance.
Celtic v CFR Cluj Tips & Odds
Who will win – Celtic v CFR Cluj Predictions
We don’t see any troubles ahead for Celtic. They have been in fine scoring form with Ryan Christie having had a tremendous start to the new season. The challenge of Cluj will fall away from the longer the game wears on. With that having been said, Celtic to win to nil.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Fulham v Millwall Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Preston v Stoke Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- QPR v Swansea Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- West Brom v Reading Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Charlton v Nottingham Forest Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Leeds v Brentford Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 2019
- Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
- Legia Warsaw v Rangers Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 2019
Tags: Celtic, Celtic Champions League, Celtic v CFR Cluj, CFR Cluj, CFR Cluj Champions League, Champions League, Champions League odds