Celtic v AIK Prediction & Betting Tips, 22nd August 201919th August 2019 / lee
Celtic v AIK Europa League Preview, 22nd August 7.45pm
Celtic had a disaster in the third qualifying round of the Champions League which means that they have dropped down to the Europa League. They now have to pick up the pieces and try and get themselves going to reach the group stage. It is AIK Solna from Sweden who they are up against in the playoffs. Read our Celtic v AIK betting tips for more.
Celtic v AIK Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 18th, 2019 7:27 p.m.)
Celtic News and Form
It was a massive collapse that Celtic had on home soil in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League. They had played out a 1-1 first leg away draw against Romanian side Cluj. But then a wasteful night in front of goal and some hapless defending saw Celtic lose 3-4 in the home leg of the tie. So that put their Champions League ambitions on ice for another year. In their last four games across all competitions, Celtic are now just W1 D2 L1 (90 minutes) so there is a bit of pressure mounting there.
They really can’t afford not to get into the Europa League now. This is where they ended up last season as well after a failed Champions League qualification campaign. They beat FK Suduva 4-1 on aggregate in last season’s playoffs before managing to pull off a dramatic escape from their Europa League group stage. Celtic were sent packing in the round of 32 by Valencia. The Bhoys have been scoring well this season, can they make the most of home advantage?
Celtic v AIK Head to Head
This is the first meeting between the two teams
AIK News and Form
AIK are more than halfway through their domestic league season so they are coming in sharp. Like Celtic, they started this season in the Champions League qualifiers. They couldn’t make it past the second qualifying round there though, losing out in a thrilling tie against Maribor. So that sent them to the Europa League where they knocked down FC Sheriff in the third qualifying round.
So that has been their path in Europe this season. From their six European games played this season AIK Solna haven’t kept a clean sheet and all but one of them have gone over 2.5 goals, so this may be an entertaining fixture. They have lost two of their three away games, both defeats happening by a 2-1 scoreline.
Celtic v AIK Tips & Odds
Who will win – Celtic v AIK Predictions
Celtic were all at sea against Cluj which will cast doubts in the minds of punters. But there are much worse ties that the Bhoys could have gotten at this stage. They have been scoring well at home and will be kept to put in a positive shift. Celtic to win & both teams to score.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: AIK, AIK Europa League, Celtic, Celtic europa league, Celtic v AIK, Europa League, Europa League odds