Celtic or Rangers 20/1 to play in English Premier League in next 5 years6th October 2015 / lee
There was a very interesting market launched by online betting site Ladbrokes over the weekend, which raises an old debate. With Celtic’s majority shareholder Dermot Desmond suggesting that both Celtic and Rangers could be in the English Premier League within the next decade, bookmaker Ladbrokes put prices on how well the two Glasgow sides may fare if it happens.
Desmond said last week that “In the future I think there will be different types of negotiations between teams and leagues that will evolve into more competitive leagues in the British Isles.
“I’m taking a 10-year view, what we see in the English Premiership today I don’t think will be around in 10 years’ time, I think there will be a British Premiership.
I think it because like in Italy and in Spain you have the bigger clubs like Barcelona and Real Madrid who negotiate their own football contracts because they are more advantageous.”
So that prompted Ladbrokes, who are the current sponsors of the Scottish Premiership, to slap a price of 500/1 on either the green or blue half of Glasgow to win the English Premier League in the next five years and drop 33/1 odds on either Celtic or Rangers winning the Championship in that span of time. They simply go 20/1 that either will just play in the Premier League in the next five years.
Ladbrokes’ David Macdonald said: “For as long as we can remember both sides of the border have discussed this so we’re comfortable offering long odds about anything changing in a hurry.
The betting suggests the Old Firm will be adding to their Scottish haul several times over before any new trophies are won.”
Mentioned offers may be restricted to new customers, T&C's apply. Older offers may be not valid anymore. See details directly at the bookmaker's website. 18+. Please Gamble Responsibly.
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019