Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th August 201916th August 2019 / lee
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid La Liga Preview, 16th August 4.00pm
After struggling through a poor season, Real Madrid will be hoping that things are a bit brighter for them this time around. They have been throwing cash around in the summer to try and rebuild. It was the third place finish that they took in the league last season, nineteen points behind champions Barcelona. Celta Vigo only just avoided relegation. Read our Celta Vigo v Real Madrid betting tips for more.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Betting Odds*
Real Madrid 3/5
Celta Vigo 4/1
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 15th, 2019 at 8:15 p.m.)
Celta Vigo News and Form
Celta Vigo had a battle to try and hold on to their top-flight status last season. They finished just one place above the drop zone. An end of season flourish of form helped to get them safe. The bulk of their problems came from a horrible time of things that they had on the road.
On home soil in La Liga they posted a W8 D5 L6 record for themselves. The notable thing about their results from their last home campaign was that they did beat the top two. Celta Vigo took 2-0 wins at home over both Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. They returned goals pretty well at home, averaging 1.6 goals per home fixture.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Head to Head
Real Madrid won both league meetings last season
Celta Vigo are on a six-match winless streak against Real Madrid
Real Madrid have scored 12 goals in total in their last three against Celta Vigo
11 of the last 12 meetings have gone over 2.5 goals
Real Madrid News and Form
It was a season to forget then for Real Madrid who lost 12 league fixtures in the previous campaign. Away from home, they went W8 D4 L7. Something was going to be done over the summer. They were always going throw money at the problem and that is just what they have done, strengthening both attack and defence. There is a rumour that they are chasing Neymar as well.
Eden Hazard was their marquee signing but they have also added Rodrygo and Luka Jovic to their attacking ranks. Eden Hazard is the 9/2 second favourite in the first goalscorer market for this game, behind only new teammate Karim Benzema* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 15th, 2019 at 8:15 p.m.).
They have kept a hold of Gareth Bale who looked certain to be leaving at one point and they really should be delivering goals. The defence needs a lot of improvement from last season, as they conceded an average 1.6 goals per away game, taking a clean sheet in just 11% of road games. Real Madrid went D2 L3 in their last five away games of the 2018/19 campaign.
Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Tips & Odds
Who will win – Celta Vigo v Real Madrid Predictions
Real Madrid needs a show of solidarity and strength in this one. They can’t afford to invite early pressure on themselves after such a big summer of spending. Given the recent head to head between these, Real Madrid look the sound wager in what could easily be a high scoring game.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Eibar v Barcelona Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Atletico Madrid v Valencia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Leeds v Birmingham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Bayer Leverkusen Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Stoke v Fulham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Blackburn v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th October 2019
- Cardiff v Sheffield Wednesday Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th October 2019
- Sweden v Spain Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
- Switzerland v Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th October 2019
Tags: Celta Vigo, Celta Vigo La Liga, Celta Vigo ve Real Madrid, La Liga, La Liga odas, Real Madrid, Real Madrid La Liga