Carlisle v Crawley Prediction & Betting Tips, 3rd August 20192nd August 2019 / lee
Carlisle v Crawley League Two Preview, 3rd August 3.00pm
Carlisle finished in 11th place in League Two last season. They were one of the better-attacking sides in the division. They get their new campaign up and running on home soil against Crawley. The Reds had a disappointing season in the end, finishing in the bottom six. Read our Carlisle v Crawley betting tips for more.
Carlisle v Crawley Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on July 31st, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.)
Carlisle News and Form
The Cumbrians posted a W12 D3 L8 record at Brunton Park last season. They only managed to win two of their opening eight home games in the campaign. But they started to pick up and found their footing. There was only one real period of the season though where they managed to stick together some consistency. That was a six-match winning streak from mid-December through to early January.
A huge positive that they did have going for them was their goal-scoring output. They produced an average of 1.8 goals per home game last season, with 61% of the fixtures at Brunton Park going over 2.5 goals. They only took a clean sheet in 22% of home games though. Of the twelve home successes that they earned, eight of them were by a one-goal margin. Five of their eight home losses were by a one goal margin only.
Carlisle v Crawley Head to Head
Carlisle won both league meetings against Crawley last season
Five of the last six meetings have ended over 3.5 goals
Both teams have scored in five of the last six meetings
Carlisle are W7 D5 L2 overall against Crawley
Crawley News and Form
The Reds finished in the bottom six in League Two last season, never really looking in any relegation trouble though. One negative against them was their leaky defence which shipped a total of 68 goals throughout the season. Away from home they took a bit of a battering and ended up with a W5 D3 L15 record for the season on their travels. Part of that problem, along with conceding at an average of 1.6 goals per away game, was the fact that they averaged well under a goal per away game.
Crawley failed to score in 39% of their away games last season. Of the 15 defeats which they suffered last season, nine of them were by a margin of just one goal. Four of the five away wins that they got were by just the one-goal margin. They really had their troubles away from home even against weaker sides. They lost six of their seven away fixtures (W1) against sides 17th or lower.
Carlisle v Crawley Tips & Odds
Who will win – Carlisle v Crawley Predictions
Crawley were very poor on the road last season, while the Cumbrians had plenty of scoring about them on home soil. Putting that together and with the home crowd roaring them on, Carlisle looks a solid option to collect three points.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Wycombe vs Tranmere Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Newport vs Grimsby Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th November 2019
- Belgium vs Cyprus Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Germany vs Northern Ireland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Scotland vs Kazakhstan Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Netherlands vs Estonia Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Bradford vs Shrewsbury Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Gillingham vs Sunderland Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
- Swindon vs Cheltenham Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th November 2019
Tags: Carlisle, Carlisle League Two, Carlisle v Crawley, Crawley, Crawley League Two, league two, league two odds