Cardiff v Huddersfield Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st August 201919th August 2019 / lee
Cardiff v Huddersfield Championship Preview, 21st August 7.45pm
With two losses in three games of the Championship down, Cardiff are having their struggles adapting to life back in the second tier. Can they secure three points at home against the Terriers, who were up in the Premier League with them last season? Huddersfield so far, have fared even worse than the Bluebirds have following relegation. Read our Cardiff v Huddersfield betting tips for more.
Cardiff v Huddersfield Betting Odds*
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on August 19th, 2019 at 5:22 p.m.)
Cardiff News and Form
There have been plenty of goals flying around in Cardiff’s games so far this season. They are W1 L2 for the season with the two defeats happening out on the road at Wigan and Reading, conceding exactly three goals in both of those losses. Cardiff did win their only home game played so far, taking a 2-1 success over Luton, who won the League One title last season. So it’s not been plain sailing for Neil Warnock’s men. With all of their league games having gone over 2.5 goals so far, that’s worth a look for this one. That is a worrying amount of goals that they have conceded so far.
Cardiff v Huddersfield Head to Head
Cardiff and Huddersfield played out two 0-0 draws in the EPL last season
The Bluebirds are unbeaten in 11 games in all competitions against the Terriers
Both teams have scored in two of the last seven meetings
Huddersfield are winless in seven visits to Cardiff
Huddersfield News and Form
The Terriers have only managed one point from their three games back in the Championship. They sacked Jan Siewert over the weekend following a loss at home against Fulham. He won one of his 19 games in charge of the Terriers. Their only point of the campaign happened in a 1-1 draw at QPR, which at least may give them some optimism here.
Like Cardiff, they have not managed a clean sheet in the Championship yet this season, but they have scored one goal in all three of their matches played. So the both teams to score option does warrant a bit of consideration here as neither have a defence that can be relied upon. Karlan Ahearne-Grant has scored all three of the Terriers’ league goals this season, two of them from the penalty spot.
Cardiff v Huddersfield Tips & Odds
Who will win – Cardiff v Huddersfield Predictions
There is just nothing to choose between the two of them. Cardiff will be hoping for big points on home soil, but they couldn’t get the better of the Terriers last season in the top flight. So the draw in the match outright again has to look value. It’s not been a good early campaign from either.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Aston Villa v West Ham Prediction & Betting Tips, 16th September 2019
- Watford v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Bournemouth v Everton Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th September 2019
- Sheffield United v Southampton Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Wolves v Chelsea Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Manchester United v Leicester Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Tottenham v Crystal Palace Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Norwich v Manchester City Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
- Brighton v Burnley Prediction & Betting Tips, 14th September 2019
Tags: Cardiff, Cardiff Championship, Cardiff v Huddersfield, Championship, Championship odds, Huddersfield, Huddersfield Championship