Canada v New Zealand Prediction & Betting Tips, 15th June 201913th June 2019 / lee
Canada v New Zealand Women’s World Cup Preview, 15th June 8.00pm
Canada produced an opening win in the tournament, edging their way past Cameroon by a 1-0 scoreline. That sets them up well in the group as expected. There is a chance that they will secure a top-two spot in this round with a win. New Zealand need to get something on the board after losing their opening game against the Netherlands. Read our Canada v New Zealand betting tips for more.
Canada v New Zealand Betting Odds*
Canada Women 4/9
New Zealand Women 15/2
* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 13th, 2019 at 3:32 p.m.)
Canada News and Form
Canada got a solid win over Cameroon on the board in their opener. It wasn’t the greatest of performances, but they were well on top and never really looked in danger of not winning the game. That moved them on to an unbeaten streak of ten games in 2019 and they have lost just one of their last fifteen played. Canada have won four of their last five games, the notable success in that sequence happening in a friendly against England in Manchester back at the start of April.
Canada have conceded just one goal in their last ten fixtures now. That’s a remarkable defensive output and they look solid back there. Superstar Christine Sinclair didn’t really get much of a look at goal in their opener, but she is the 14/5 first goalscorer favourite as expected* (Betting Odds were taken from bet365 on June 13th, 2019 at 3:32 p.m.). If they pick up the win in this one and the Netherlands don’t lose against Cameroon, then Canada will qualify for the next round with a game to spare.
New Zealand News and Form
New Zealand were so brave and committed in their opening game. They had some great moments against European Champions the Netherlands, but all of their hard work was cruelly undone in the 92nd minute when the Dutch got the only goal of the game. Yes, the Football Ferns gave up a lot of possession, but they matched the Dutch in shots on target in the game. They were so organised and committed at the back. There is still a chance that they could be one of the best third-placed finishers from the group stage.
A point out of this one would be a fantastic return from them, and then the Kiwis would be left to face Cameroon in the final round of matches. The one thing that you would start to worry about when it comes to the Kiwis, is how much energy they expended in trying to keep the Dutch at bay. It was such a big effort from them. New Zealand are W 4 L5 in their last nine games, losing their last two by a 1-0 scoreline. Just before the World Cup, they showed what they can do, taking international friendly success against Norway and England.
Canada v New Zealand Tips & Odds
Who will win – Canada v New Zealand Predictions
This is likely to be a low scoring game between these two. Canada are the more likely of the two to go and actually claim the victory in the fixture but it’s hard to see it being by more than one goal margin. New Zealand expended a lot of effort in defending against the Dutch, that may work against them in the second half of this game. Canada to win.
The tip is based on the personal opinion of the author. No success is guaranteed. Please gamble responsibly. 18+
* All mentioned odds were valid at the time of writing. Betting odds are subject to fluctuations. Please check the current odds with the respective bookmaker!
Read the latest football predictions:
- Leeds v Derby Prediction & Betting Tips, 21st September 2019
- Rangers v Feyenoord Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Manchester United v Astana Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Southampton v Bournemouth Prediction & Betting Tips, 20th September 2019
- Wolves v Braga Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Rennes v Celtic Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Eintracht Frankfurt v Arsenal Prediction & Betting Tips, 19th September 2019
- Dinamo Zagreb v Atalanta Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
- Bayern Munich v Red Star Belgrade Prediction & Betting Tips, 18th September 2019
Tags: Canada, Canada v New Zealand, Canada Women's World Cup, New Zealand, New Zealand Women's World Cup, women's world cup, Women's World Cup odds